Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alycat
    replied
    Having a partner willing to communicate is essential, I think. I'm blessed with a man who has known about my IC from day 1 and is so caring and wonderful with me. He even wants to meet my PT to see if there is anything he should know to help me stay out of pain.

also, awesome site. I think it's something that a lot of women deal with, IC or not, but are afraid to say anything about.

Leave a comment:

• ermkenne
    replied
    Thanks. I know that I am so lucky to have him. He is the greatest, and really tries to understand what I am going through. I had clitoral pain and vaginal pain for a while, and was afraid to mention it to the doctor. Finally I mentioned it to my urologist, who said that it can happen with IC, and then my gynecologist. Also, my PT who gave me the awesome cream advice. So I have realized that even if it is a sensitive subject, you need to talk about it. It is so important to discuss what is going on with your body instead of hiding it. Hiding it won't make it better. Also, communication with your partner is just as important. He takes things slow and understands it. I am seriously blessed!

Leave a comment:

• bob04951
    replied
    You are so very lucky to have found a man who "gets it." Good for you! And so glad you found some solutions, it is sometimes a difficult subject to talk about. Morph him a million times and put him out there. Way to go! Jill, wife of Bob

Leave a comment:

• ermkenne
    replied
    Awesome, good to see. My boyfriend actually told me the other day that he has been doing more reading about IC and sex, to understand what I am going through. Communication is a great way to work around a chronic disorder and sex. I had been having severe clitoral pain, and it was making sex not so fun for me. My physical therapist recommended that I use my lidocaine cream my doctor had prescribed for me at least 5 to 10 mins before (it usually burns, but we waited for it to go away), and it actually worked! I actually did not have pain after sex either, just some soreness. We were so excited, it was a big hurdle for us. I could actually enjoy sex. I wish my gynecologist would have mentioned that advice to me! Haha.

I am thankful to have a boyfriend (been together almost 5 years) that really supports me through everything and cares about me in so many ways. He is my best friend. He has told me so many times that we do not have to have sex if I am in pain or not enjoying it. Communication is the best part. Now he has learned massage from the physical therapist so we can do this prior. He has been there through every step of the way. Just wish more men were like that. I will have to look into some of those books on the sight though!

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    started a topic whensexhurts.com relaunched!

whensexhurts.com relaunched!

Just relaunched whensexhurts.com as a resource page for patients struggling with pelvic pain and intimacy. I hope it helps! I'll be adding more resources. New book also released with, ironically, the exact same name of our website! It looks good!!! http://www.whensexhurts.com

Jill
Working...
X