New Adverse Reactions Reported for Detrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Adverse Reactions Reported for Detrol

The FDA has released new information regarding adverse reactions/side effects for Detrol, a medication commonly used for overactive bladder. These side effects include Central/Peripheral Nervous System problems including: confusion, disorientation, memory impairment and hallucations. They also have reports of the medication causing aggravation. For additional info, please visit:

http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/SAFETY/2007/mar07.htm
    Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Thanks for posting that, Jill. I am on it and had no idea of this new info. It looks like it isn't saying it causes aggravation, but aggravation of symptoms of dementia.

I've been on it for 6 years and haven't had any of the CNS symptoms, but it is definitely something I'll ask my uro about when I see him this summer.
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Thanks for posting this Jill. My mom has been on this drug and she has has many of these adverse symptoms. We coudn't figure out why she had been hallucinating and having more confusion but I think now we know. We'll call her doctor and see what he says about finding an alternative drug.
      hugs,
      Janie

Comment

My 81 yr old sister in law has been taking it for OAB for years. She has recently (last year or so) developed a neurological problem in that she drops things and has numbness in her fingers - I wonder if Detrol is the cause as she has had numerous very expensive hospital tests and they can't find anything wrong. Wouldn't it be ironic if it was due to side effects from an RX?

Comment

Hi! Thanks for the link. I'm now trying to visit it.

Comment

Working...
          X