Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JODY23
    replied
    wizbe, I think the FDA website may have some information on Phenazopyridine .

Leave a comment:

• wizbe
    replied
    When my urologist prescribed this med - he told me to take it five days in a row and then wait one week or two, and do it again. He also said I could take it as needed for burning. I tend to use it for a couple of days, and then stop for a couple, then start up again. But now I'm interested in doing more research about it. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• JODY23
    replied
    Thanks Lizzie. My Urologist said I could use it longer tan two days.I have heard of people using it for two months. I thought about taking uribel or urelle,but both of these drugs can cause acute urinary retention&I have urinary retention.

Leave a comment:

• lizzie_71
    replied
    pyridium caution

You really need the read the info. that the pharmacist gives you. You can only take this two days in a row. then I don't know how long it's safe to wait and then try again. Need to ask the pharmacist. I know It can cause an anemia & that is not good news.
    Lizzie_71

Leave a comment:

• JODY23
    replied
    Hi Donna, thanks for answering my post. According to the information on the American Cancer Society website, Phenazopyridine is a Reasonably anticipated to Be a human carcinogen.(cancer.org)

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Phenazopyridine is commonly called pyridium --- and the over the counter variety is AZO. If you do a search on the forums for either term, you'll find lots of posts about it.

Sending welcoming hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• JODY23
    started a topic Phenazopyridine

Phenazopyridine

Hi, I am new to the forum and I have a question about a drug. I have burning during urination and my Urologist prescribed Phenazopyridine for the burning.I know it turns the color of your urine orange. I was doing a search on the net about the side effects and warnings.According to the information I read on the website,Phenazopyridine caused cancer in lab rats and mice.I was floored when I read this. I thought, why is this drug still being prescribed to patients if its a known carcinogen.? I know some doctors don't know the side effects and warnings of the drug the are prescribing to their patients.Any help will be appreciated.
Working...
X