Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judith56
    replied
    In Vermont it is really hard to even find a dentist that will accept Medicaid patients or at least that's how it used to be. I have heard, like someone else mentioned, to try dental schools if there is one near you.

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    Ashley:
    Glad to know you got your answers. Yes, Medicaid offices will help you with Resources, ie: Churches, Food Pantries, low income dental/medical clinics in your area.

Leave a comment:

• LithEruiel
    replied
    Oh, good to know. When I applied for Medicaid they didn't seem to know very much. I was asking the case worker what I'm supposed to do to pay for my meds then since I didn't qualify for anything and she did refer me to a church group that helped people get on patient assistance programs, but I could have done it all online myself (and later did). I'm hoping I'll have insurance later this year *crosses fingers*

Leave a comment:

• flowerangela
    replied
    I believe they can help you with resources for your state even if you dont qualify for medicaid.The social work/human services office would be your best bet or united way.

Leave a comment:

• LithEruiel
    replied
    Will the medicaid office help you even if you don't qualify for medicaid (as I don't)?

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Another option is to do a search for Elks Dental Clinics for your area.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I work for the State of Texas, the best place to start looking at is at their local Medicaid office. They have a list of doctors/dentists.

Leave a comment:

• flowerangela
    replied
    if someone is seeking free low cost dental care,i would refer them either to their local health department,department of human services,or local community college where the services are performed cheaper because it is being done by students.

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    replied
    Okay who wants to take this on???

Leave a comment:

• surprisedx
    replied
    What I have found so far...

Community dental guide

Also check out United Way. At the top of this page is a gray bar where yo can put in the desired zip code. This will take you to your local United Way where you will find either further local links or contact info so that you can call and talk to someone who can help. Also don't forget your local dental schools. These are usually not free, but the prices are reduced because a student is doing the work while being overseen.
    Last edited by surprisedx; 02-18-2011, 02:52 AM. Reason: Added information

Leave a comment:

• amaranthe
    replied
    Sorry, this was a duplicate post, but it wouldn't let me delete it.
    Last edited by amaranthe; 02-19-2011, 05:41 AM. Reason: duplicate post

Leave a comment:

• amaranthe
    replied
    Just a suggestion. You might have better luck with this by getting IC patients to list clinics in either their town or their state. Then, after the thread runs it's course, have someone compile them all in alphebetical order by state, city, etc. Then, request that anyone that knows of another dental clinic PM the person who created the alphabetical thread so that person can edit it and add the listing.

Personally, I think it would be alot easier to do it this way and more successful since there are many of us who are aware of a free or low cost dental clinic in our own area, but it would be a HUGE job for one person to try to do this on a national scale. JMHO!

But, however you decide to do this, I will go ahead and contribute my local info now to help out whoever compiles the listings. It is as follows:

KENTUCKY

The Dental Clinic
    740 East 10th Avenue
    Bowling Green, Ky. 42101
    (270) 781-7687

http://www.commonwealthhealthfreecli...tal_clinic.htm

This one charges on a sliding scalee. For example if you make less than $22,000 a year for a family of 4, you would pay $10 at check in and $10 per service. If you made $40,000 for a family of 4, you waould pay $20 at check in and $20 per service. It explains all of this on the website as well as the services they offer and eligibility requirements.
    Last edited by amaranthe; 02-19-2011, 05:39 AM. Reason: changed something

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    started a topic Need a list of low income, free dental clinics

Need a list of low income, free dental clinics

IC patients can often barely pay for urology visits much less dental care. We've never had a list of free dental clinics and/or assistance programs. Can someone dive into the web and do some searching and come up with a list that we can put on our low income assistance page??
Working...
X