question/prelief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question/prelief

is it possible to take too much prelief. when I'm out or traveling I sometimes take about 6-8 for the day. prelief's clincal manager says you can't build up a tolerance I hope this is true. I was just concerned that maybe I'm doing too much, if that's possible. 2 sometimes is not enough. thanks everyone.

6 sounds about right to me....

I don't think you can OD on it, but that is my humble opinion. As I understand it, Prelief isn't a 'drug' but it simply a form of calcium that absorbs and neutralizes the acid in your food. I also think taking 6 a day isn't bad at all- aren't you supposed to take 2 with each meal? And then if you have a drink, like a de-caf coffee, maybe you'd take two more? I take 6 a day when traveling, but I must say that it gets me totally constipated (in combo with the 12mg elavil i take). So that is the only reason I try to take less! Also where I lived it was extremely expensive, so now that I'm back in the US i'll probably be taking lots more! I have never been able to tell immediately if it helps me though, I just assume it does.
    IC symptoms since Dec. 12 2010 after confirmed bladder infection "never went away." Recently also diagnosed with PCOS, piriformis syndrome, and pelvic floor dysfunction, sinus issues. I was in great health before fall 2010.
    Current medications: citalopram 40 mg, valium 2.5 mgs a night, lidocaine patch (for back pain), Prelief
    Therapies tried or continuing: stretches, walks, baths, internal massage, physical therapy, IC diet, IF unit, heating pad, mindfulness based stress reduction classes, cognitive therapy, books on IC and pelvic pain...

Drugs Tried: the urinary analgesics, 4 kinds of muscle relaxants (including in suppository form), hydroxyzine, 3 kinds of TCA's, lyrica, cymbalta, 6 months elmiron, vesicare, antibiotics, prednisone (after sinus surgery), NSAIDS...
    Supplements: over 20 herbs and supplements, including regimens from TCM practitioner and a naturopathic MD
    Intravesical/Surgical: 3 instills of Uracyst, 2 “rescue instills” lidocaine, bicarb, elmiron; 1 self-instill of marcaine, a steroid, bicarb and heparin; 1 hydrodistention and capsaicin instill (made me worse, still recovering two months later...)
    Other: Acupuncture treatments, magnets (LOL), Anti-Candida Diet (2 months), Wheat free diet, water pH

Comment

I will also get constipated from too much. Since I also take calcium citrate I have to figure out how much total calcium I am getting for the day when adding the prelief. It can be constipating so I make sure I get enough magnesium to counteract the constipating effects. I use the prelief with iffy acidy foods when I eat out. I'm hoping it works but how can you really know unless you try an acidy drink or food without it and see if you get a flare?- and I'm too chicken to try that so I'll just continue to believe it is working. lol

Comment

Working...
      X