Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traceann
    replied
    Every aspect of how this came about just makes my blood boil. I think there should be some kind of testing at our points of entry for these types of things - foodstuffs that are being used in the manufacture of anything to be consumed by Pet and Owner alike. Isn't there already something like that in place??? If so will it make them tougher in testing etc.?? I was appalled when I read that it's cheaper to import the wheat gluten than it was to get it domestically - no wonder our farmers etc are struggling.... Sometimes there are more important things than money, have they no concept of the trickle down theory? The more we utilize our own, the better they do, the more money they have to spend etc etc etc....ugh.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    It makes me angry that someone is perfectly willing to endanger the lives of our much loved pets in the quest for the almighty dollar! We will continue to purchase "home grown" dog food from a natural foods store for our Meggie.

We were having a family discussion about this and decided that there are some people who deserve to go broke --- and the pending law suits just might at least make some dents in a few wallets!

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Briza
    replied
    latest list as of april 4

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,260784,00.html

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    replied
    What boggles my mind is that anyone would buy ANY food products from China. With more than half of their rivers completely poisoned and the air pollution levels so high that tourists report seeing crops covered with grey or white powder, why ... oh why... would we buy any foods from China.

I just had some good friends return from a trip to the Chinese mainland. They both became horribly ill, described appalling levels of pollution, etc. What amazed me the most, however, was that they discovered that the sewage lines in hotels are not required to be vented outside of the hotel. thus, any build up of methane gas etc. goes right back into the hotel rooms up the toilet and shower drains. They had to open the windows wide to sleep safely despite cold weather.

Sooo... with so many American & Canadian farmers struggling to survive, shouldn't we be buying from them instead??? Even if it costs more, the safety of our families, our pets and our long term futures are worth any price. I mean, sheeshhh!!!

Jill

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    Also, now one of the snacks-- beef jerky strips.

Leave a comment:

• Portia17
    replied
    You Can Also Add Alpo Canned Food To The List

Leave a comment:

• Briza
    replied
    Thanks for posting more accurate info than I could remember!

Leave a comment:

• glassd18
    replied
    Only one specific brand of Hills Science Diet was recalled. It was the prescription diet called M/D. This food was made with the contaminated wheat gluten. Please go to Hills.com for more information on the recalled foods for this company.

Leave a comment:

• Briza
    replied
    Saw on Foxnews.com last night that Science Diet Dry Cat Food is being recalled...just the regular catfood, I think, but you might want to check to make sure.

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    Pedigree is safe.

Leave a comment:

• Kathi
    replied
    Pedigree?

I was told it was safe! I guess the only safe thing, other then dry, is to cook stuff for them, geez. Kathi

Leave a comment:

• lnseagraves
    replied
    Safe Foods List

I found an online list of the SAFE pet foods. I found all of mine on here just to be 100% sure.

Cat food-
    * 9Lives
    * Cat Chow
    * Chicken Soup Pet Foods
    * Country Value Adult Cat Food
    * Deli-Cat
    * Diamond Maintenance Cat Food
    * Diamond Professional Cat Food
    * Fancy Feast
    * Felix (Purina)
    * Friskies
    * Gourmet (Purina)
    * Meow Mix
    * Mon Petit
    * Nature's Valley
    * Old Mother Hubbard
    * ONE (Purina)
    * Pet Promise
    * Pounce
    * Purina® Kit 'N Kaboodle® brand Cat Food
    * Precise
    * Professional Adult Cat Food
    * Professional Reduced Fat Cat Food
    * Pro Plan
    * Purina
    * Purina Pro Plan
    * Sheba
    * THE GOODLIFE RECIPE
    * Trilogy Cat Food
    * Whiskas
    * Wellness

http://hubpages.com/hub/Cat_Food_Saf...at_Food_Recall

Dog food-
    * Alpo
    * Beneful
    * Cesar Canine Cuisine
    * Chicken Soup Pet Foods
    * Country Value Puppy
    * Country Value Adult Dog Food
    * Country Value High Energy Dog Food
    * Cycle Dog Food
    * Diamond Premium Adult Dog Food
    * Diamond Hi-Energy Dog Food
    * Diamond Maintenance Dog Food
    * Diamond Professional for Adult Dogs
    * Diamond Performance Dog Food
    * Diamond Puppy Food
    * Diamond Low Fat Dog Food
    * Dog Chow (Purina)
    * Gravy Train
    * Kibbles n' Bits
    * Nature's Valley
    * Old Mother Hubbard
    * Pedigree
    * Pet Promise
    * Professional Chicken & Rice Adult Dog Food
    * Professional Puppy Food
    * Professional Large-Breed Puppy Food
    * Purina
    * Purina Pro Plan
    * Reward
    * THE GOODLIFE RECIPE
    * Trilogy Dog Food
    * ONE (Purina)
    * Wellness
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Dog_Food_Saf...og_Food_Recall

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    It would have just killed me if something had happened to Otto. He's my little baby and it's just like having another child. He's a real doll!

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    My sister and I took hers back on Friday afternoon to Walmart-- didn't have a receipt so we got a gift card. It helped her a lot as she had to buy food for her grandkids -- I bought dry dog food for her dogs. Its a shame-- first peanut butter (she (my sister got sick from that) and now dog food--luckily, her dog didn't get sick from that!!) Rat poison! read that in the paper yesterday afternoon. My heart goes out to the people here and all over who lost their "babies" .

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Oh gosh, I hope that Mighty Dog isn't the kind I just fed my dog the other day! I can't find the container so I'm worried!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X