Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saying Thank You to Donna, The SuperMods, Mods & you all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowerchild
    replied
    Super Hugs!

Super Duper Hugs To You Jill for this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Holidays and New Year!!!

Flowerchild

PS....Jill, I can't fid a thread for constipaion under related problems. Can you start one?

Leave a comment:

• muxerr012
    replied
    Thanks with all my heart

A BIG thank you to all the Moderators, IC Angels, Jill and to all the smart folks who know pain and have contributed tips to these forum boards! I was dx'd with IC and then told to go see someone else. No one gave me any advice about what to take and what NOT to eat. Every single piece of advice I have has come from these forums. You all have me feeling so much better I never would have thought it possible:

The IC Diet has changed my life. The pain and nausea are mostly gone.

The Prelief is worth its weight in gold and I never would have known about it if it weren't for all of YOU.

I wouldn't have known even what to take for a headache if not for YOU-I now enjoy Tylenol without tummy pain.

I was wandering down the grocery isles for weeks at a loss about what was SAFE to buy. I now have a great grocery list and feel confident when I eat instead of being afraid of every little thing I put in my mouth.

The CystoProtek just arrived yesterday and I'm excited to begin the healing of my bladder. My GYN who I went to see yesterday never even heard of it so he wrote it down to research for his other patients. He's not big fan of Elmiron so this other option was very exciting for him. Again I thank all of YOU.

Flintstone childrens chewable vitamins do not make me sick as all other adult vitamins have done. Thank you again!

Heating pads, another tip from all of you. THANK YOU!!

My GYN was so pleased about my progress at my appt yesterday and stressed that the DIET is such a major component. My urine test was actually better after 2 and a half months too

My road was a bumpy one full of shadow and doubt. You have all put the light back into my life and set me on the right road. Sorry to sound so melodramatic but I am so touched. I travel in peace now and my chin comes up a little more everyday. Bless you all.

PS... I'm having my first cup of Puroast coffee and milk this morning (lots of milk) and life feels so good!!! I wish each of you a good day too and TGIF!

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    Thank you does not even begin to say how much all of you mean to everyone here. This site is a lifesaver for many of us and I appreciate all that you do.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    I second what Jill said!!! Hearing those wonderful sentiments sure make it easy to do our jobs!!!! Thank you to ALL of you!!!!!!

Hugs,
    Tracey

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    replied
    Thanks Vampireness!!! I have to say that Donna, I, the supermods and moderators work our tooshes off to keep this a safe place. Your kind words really help us each keep trying!

Jill

Leave a comment:

• Vampireness
    replied
    Jill, I thought I was going crazy before I came onto this board and found alots of people I can relate to and I'm much aware of what I have and have been given so many options. There are countless number of times, I've mentioned, I thought I'm the only one with this, infact trying to search up my symptoms on the net, I didn't know what to type in. Interstital Cystisis (after a diagnosis) brought me right here, and I am more than happy today, to be around people who are are so smart, helpful and giving.

Thank you for creating, a place for such people to gather. I'm always grateful to have a place, I can feel at home and always feel understood. Thank you saving my sanity.

Vampireness

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    Originally posted by Tip and IBS View Post
    Do you have at least one male moderator?

I think Donna said it perfectly. I wouldn't be opposed at all to having a male moderator. I think part of the reason there are all women as mods now is because there are mostly women here on the board. I know there are several men, and probably many more lurkers, but they aren't as verbal or active as many of the women are. Also, a lot of the men that post here are posting for their loved ones, i.e. girlfriends, wives, sisters, etc. because they are looking for help for them.

I found a website that is for male chronic pain that I thought might interest you as well as the information you get here. You have probably seen it before but it says it covers IC. I'll send it to you. I know that it helps me to be around a large group of women who understand me and what's happening to my body, so it may help you to get that same support from a large group of men in addition to this site. If you've already been to the site I'm sorry.

I really don't think it should matter what sex the moderator is at all. I've been on fibromyalgia message boards where there were gay, straight, male, female, AND transexual moderators....it just really doesn't matter to me at all.

Sandy

Leave a comment:

• glassd18
    replied
    You all do a beautiful job at keeping this website a safe haven for all of us, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Without you all I wouldn't have known where to turn or what to do. You saved my sanity time and again. THANK YOU!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Right now we don't have a male moderator. At one time, before we even had moderators, we did have one or two men who helped us a lot. What happens is that people volunteer to be moderators. Before an individual becomes a moderator, their posts are reviewed --- our goal is to provide a safe haven for ALL who come here for support, so we look at how supportive the posts have been.

If a male volunteers and meets our criteria, there would be no problem making him a moderator after at least six months on the boards.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Sally939
    replied
    my feeling

I think it is important to thank everyone that writes helpful answers on here. This is the hardsest thing I have ever had to try to deal with. This site gives my a place to go, support, suggestions, ect. I really appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    You are correct Babs, I am sure Donna will come across this shortly and address this post.

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    There are a large group of volunteer moderators who are selected based on their history with the board, IC knowledge base, specific knowledge of the areas that they are responsible for moderating, and the ability to maintain fairness, control and appropriate interaction on the threads. Whether or not one is male or female is not selection criteria. I'm sure if you have further concerns(I noticed the thumbs down icon)you can direct those concerns to either Donna or Jill.

Barb

Leave a comment:

• Tip and IBS
    replied
    Do you have at least one male moderator?

Last edited by Tip and IBS; 09-23-2007, 03:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mimimama
    replied
    I could not have said this any better. I am in complet agreement with Moonheart. This board has given me hope, love, compassion and friendships that I cherish.

THANK YOU LADIES FOR ALL YOUR DEDICATION, KINDNESS, COMPASSION AND FRIENDSHIP.

MODERATORS AND JILL, GOD BLESS EACH ONE OF YOU TEN FOLD FOR THE WORK YOU DO HERE!
    Originally posted by Moonheart View Post
    AMEN! I have never found a place on the internet where I felt so instantly loved and welcomed. Total acceptance for each and every one who comes here seeking solace. Never does anyone feel that they have to "work" their way in here or "earn" acceptance. That is an amazing thing you have created here Jill. Thank you from me and my family. My family thanks you so much, because they benefit tremendously from me having a place to go for comfort and relief. I have been in such a better mood since finding this BB. I have my ups and downs, but the downs are fewer and shorter lived.

God bless you Jill and I hope I can do half as much for you as you have done for me.

Hugs,
    Moonheart

Leave a comment:

• muxerr012
    replied
    Applause for Jill

Thank you Jill for gathering so many facts, interviews with doctors, IC friendly products, IC Angels, the list is endless! Knowledge is power and you have given all of us the power to learn about our disease and encouraged us to seek help in getting better. I think of you everyday when I enter the ICN website and I get a warm fuzzy feeling, even when I'm tired and haven't felt well or slept well. Thanks again for this haven we come to for strength and advice. Big hug to you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X