No announcement yet.

Shiutsa Update #8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many hugs to the Mama, hugs to the kitty and prayers for a lil kittly miracle. I hope reaches kitty nirvana very soon.

Hugs and love,
    Barb
    Last edited by Babs RN; 04-09-2007, 03:54 PM. Reason: Change line
    (Babs passed away in April 2009. We honor her memory and remember her fondly. - Jill O. ICN President & Founder)

[SIZE="1"]Proud mama of a gift named Lindsey who taught me through her autism what is important in life:angel:
    :angel: IC Angel Volunteer Coordinator :angel:
    :) Contact me via PM or e-mail if you would like to help
    I have learned all about life in 3 words: It goes on! :D--Robert Frost
    PCOS 7/85
    RSD 7/94 :headbang:
    Endometriosis 9/98 :toilet:
    Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 9/99
    Kidney stones--too many to count
    Factor V Leiden mutation 10/02
    IC 6/03 :evilsmile
    Deep Venous Thrombosis and Cellulitis 12/05 :loco: DVT and Greenfield Placed 3/14/08
    "Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all of life"--Maya Angelou
    "Ohana means family--no one gets left behind or forgotten." Stitch[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

Jill, would you please post a picture of this very special friend of yours. I am sure all of us would love to see him once before it is time for him to go. I am very sorry that it looks like he is near crossing over bridge. My heart goes out to you. It is tough when you lose a true friend. (((hugs)))
      Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Jill,
        I am so sorry! Hugs to you. It really does take a lot of love to let go and I know how hard that is. Praying for you.
        Janice

Comment

I am so, so sorry! Your words made me want to cry. Poor kitty! You just hate to see them suffer.
          Meds I take:
          Elmiron, Elavil, Vagifem- for IC
          Albuterol, Flovent, Atrovent- for Asthma and lung problems
          Paxil, Clonazepam- for depression and Anxiety
          Atenolol- for rapid heart rate
          Nexium- for Gerd
          Levothyroxin- for Hypothyroidism
          Lasix, Pottasium- for edema
          Lipitor- for High Cholesterol
          I coated aspirin
          02 at bedtime

Comment

Jill, words can not express my deep sadnees for what you are going through right now, I am keeping you and your sweet Shiusta in my heart. Judith

Comment

Jill only someone who has had and loved a pet can understand the pain you are in. It appears we have some very lovely, unstanding friends here. I held my little Chihuahua, a friend of 19 years, and had the Vet put him down. We owe them that when the time comes. Joey told me "i'm ready" with his eyes. The sorrow lessens but never goes away. The positive is the many good years we had and we were able to know- I'm ready.- I care very much. Ziggy

Comment

Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family, for some, like losing a child. I know that you're doing the right thing, I have had to do it too & it doesn't hurt any less. Hugs to you, Kathi
                One Day At A Time
                Kathi

Comment

Jill, my heart is breaking for you. I can hear how much you love Shiutsa and what a special, precious angel he has been for you. I'm so sorry. I know this hurts so badly. Your Shiutsa will always be with you in spirit. The bonds of love can never be broken - they are the strongest things in the universe.

Blessings and hugs and prayers,
                  Lori

Comment

So sorry Jill, it is so very hard in losing a pet ..
                    All the wonderful memories of Shiutsa will be with you forever and no one can take that away from you and that is one good blessing !!
                    Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Jill, I am so sorry to hear your news. My heart hurts for you! I had to put my almost 16 year old dog and my cat that adopted us about 12 years ago to sleep last summer. He was an adult and like your cat made his own desisions!

I am glad that you are remembering your happy memories. That is definitely what I do myself.

You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers.

Tracey

Comment

Jill,
                        You are handeling this difficult situation with great poise! Your cat is so lucky to have an owner like you who is unselfish and understands that it is more humaine to let him pass in peace then keep him alive and let him suffer. I'm truly sorry you had to make this decision and this is happening to you. I hope everything comes to a peaceful end...either kitty gets fixed or passes with dignaty. You are in my prayers.

Erika
                        IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
                        Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                        Birth Control

Comment

Jill- my heart goes out to you - sending hugs to you and your baby.

Comment

Shiutsa Update #4 - He made it through the night

Well, I got up this early with that heavy feeling in my heart... expecting the phone call that would say that he had passed. I even went out and made a lovely grave underneath a giant honeysuckle hedge next to his other cat buddies who have passed. It was important to do it because I didn't want my 84 year old father trying to do it when I wasn't home.

Then, the vet called about 9am. Shiutsa made it through the night... was resting comfortably but his heart is still arrythmic. So, the vet wants to try one more drug to see if that will stabilize his heart. He's going to keep him overnight again and we'll see. I told him that we had talked as a family and have chosen to not let Shiutsa linger with a failing heart and a paralyzed leg. We feel that this would crush his athletic spirit. On the otherhand, if he comes out of it, maybe he will have one more life left. I also told the vet to let him pass if he worsened.

Gods... who knew that we could cry so many tears over our pets. I am coming into the office today but won't be answering the phone. I'm not in the right frame of mind to be supportive when I'm needing support right now.

Jill
                            Last edited by icnmgrjill; 04-12-2007, 07:53 AM.
                            Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Thats good news Jill. There is still hope. Cats become part of the family, and when they pass it is a tremendous loss like a loved one is. I hope this last drug is his little miracle. If its not, I will pray that he passes away peacefully.

Here for Support...
                              Erika
                              IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
                              Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                              Birth Control

Comment

Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
                                *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
                                *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
                                *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X