Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherrygirl
    replied
    Maybe I should get tested anyway... I would be shocked if I was low. If I was low it would be a blessing, atleast I could treat it and improve my symptoms!

Leave a comment:

• elitynski
    replied
    Hits Home for me

I just went to see my endocrinologist and apparently my VITAMIN D levels are BEYOND low. I think this is excellent info and will try to get it naturally but will take supplements to make sure my levels are good!!

Leave a comment:

• cherrygirl
    replied
    I live in sunny Perth in Australia. Always sun around! I also eat a lot of seafood... So it can't be the main cause

Leave a comment:

• elitynski
    replied
    I was just diagnosed with beyond extremely low VITAMIN D so I will be taking a weekly prescription supplement and then after this runs its course I will need to take 4000 IUs per day.

Leave a comment:

• RobertJ
    replied
    thats good to know. Thanks bjcov. I'll take it and hope it doesn't bother me.

Leave a comment:

• bjcov
    replied
    Jill said that we CAN have vit D.

Leave a comment:

• RobertJ
    replied
    Good post, thanks

I just recently had a complete blood work done and the doctor told me that i was very low on Vitamin D.
    He recommended that I take 1000 iu every day.

But I'm scared to try it because I don't want an IC flare. I know that we can't take Vitamin C.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I am takihng one of the Wal-mart brands. Nature Valley? (I think you can get it anywhere). I am taking VitD-3 1000mg daily. The only problem that I have is since I am on Coumadin its playing havoc(?) with my medication.

Leave a comment:

• tpronti
    replied
    Vitamin D

What brand name of Vitamin D ? Does it make a difference?

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    My mom has a Vit D deficiency and she doesn't have IC

Leave a comment:

• tdjones
    replied
    Wonder if there is a direct link between LOW Vit. D and IC ?

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    When I had my yearly physical the doctor order lab work for the usual plus Vit D due to bone loss. I am low, taking Vit D tablets. Going back to the lab later this week or early next to get rechecked.

Leave a comment:

• tdjones
    replied
    I'm deficient in Vit. D as well. The first time I had blood work this year my numbers were low.. about 9. I was prescribed 50,000 iu's 1 tab a week for three months... Went back to check levels they were still low. This time I recieved a shot of 45,000 iu's.. I was given a script for pills 50.000 iu's 2 times a week. and one a day over the counter pills. I go back in 3 months to check levels again. I hope they are with in proper range this time.

Thanks for info
    TJ

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    I had my dr. test my D3 levels six years ago because I was showing bone loss. I live in a sunshine state and am outside a huge amount of time, and I still showed as deficient in D3. So much for the sun theory of adding D3 to our bodies. I've been taking 2200U of D3 for years now.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Husband Terry and I both were deficient in D --- so we're taking physician ordered 2000 units every day.

Donna

Leave a comment:

Working...
X