Liris (The Lidocaine Pretzel) - Taris Pharmaceuticals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

food additives

Hi Jill...today a friend sent me an article on aspartamine in foods and how dangerous it is...
    This mainly implicates diet coke and pepsi...
    Do we have a forum on food additives?
    I hope to find a list of these foods...also why are so many OTC drugs like motrin and aspirin coated now? Do you know any white prods..
    Thanks for all the good info on this site...
    Can we find members on Thyroid Armour? The FDA made Forrest labs
    change it's formulation about 2009, when some problems began...

Comment

unable to send message to Jill

Not able to add icon for quick reply..nothing happens when I click those listed...
      letter is " food additives ".

Comment

Originally posted by wolfaleena View Post
        thanks for the reply Patty..
        I live in NJ and the study is in California; duration 12 weeks.
        Like you said it is a 50 50 chance that you could receive the study meds...
        with those odds, i don't think i will be going ... it would cost me a ton to go for 12 weeks.

The drug is Humeria..sp? My sister is RA and she uses it. IT is an injectable and she injects it every two weeks. My sister claims that is has been a miracle drug for her RA.
        I got very excited about the trial since her RA is auto-immune and if IC is auto-immune then maybe this it the thng!
        Since i have tried just about everything out there and nothing has worked, really, ... the only thing that has helped my pain somewhat is going to pain management doc... and he has prescribed methadone for the past 2 years.
        the frequency is still awful, and restrics the quality of my life in such a disturbing way. BEing that i have had IC for 20 years... Can you imagine how many times i have used the toilet in the past 20 years.... It has got to beat the Guiness book of world records!!!!!
        I need something that is going to reduce the times a day that i urinate.... i mean significantly...without making me go into retention. i have a real problem with not emtpying my bladder all the way. And whenever i have been given any type of medication to help stop the constant trips to the bathroom, i go into retention and can't urinate at all or just a little bit!!
        Ugh! how frustrating ...

I feel so badly for my husband, I feel like he is burdened with a defective wife. I am just having a bad day that's all. usually I just put on my fighting gloves and bounce through another day. But I would like to not have to live like that.. We all don't want to live like that...
        We want a quality of life.
        Why can't these docs and researchers figure this thing out. It has been dragging on all of my adult life. I don't see any end in sight ... it is just the same old treatments that they try to offer and none of them have worked on me.. the only thing that has helped me a bit with my pain, like i said, is methadone.... (and it makes you totally constipated)..
        Oh well., sorry to be a "Debbie Downer" but I guess i just had to vent.
        I'll feel better tomorrow. I think i am just angry and feel that nobody in the medical field cares enough to get the ball going in a serious direction at a serious pace.....
        I mean these are real people out here suffering.. their lives going by ...waiting for a cure or something significant that can make a real difference in the quality of their life....
        I am praying that i can find something or someone that can help me reduce this frequency and nocturia. i just want to feel normal again .
        I know how you feel. I have had it for 20 years myself. Sometimes we just need to vent. I think we are better off getting it out rather than holding it in. It is comforting yet sad to know that other people have the same problems so that we can share ideas.
        GO TO: IC-talkblogspot.com
        [B]CURRENT DIAGNOSES AND MEDICATIONS
        lumbar pain,depression,periphreal neuropathy,Insomnia,IBS
        for pain-tramadol ER 200 mgs (once a day),for break-thru pain-talwin(as needed),for periphreal nueropathy-Lyrica 150 mgs (3 times a day),for insomnia-ambien10mgs,for hot flashes- estradiol (estrogen),for IBS-Questran (one packet a day),for depression-paxil (80 mgs)=two 40 mgs a day

SURGERIES-
        *Bladder and Urethra removed (Radical Cystectomy)-August 2012
        *Vaginal Prolapse surgery, ovaries removed and Interstim removed 2012June 2012
        *Cauterization of the bladder lining-1992-i don't know the technical term
        *Bladder distension and cauterization-1992
        *Cystocopy-1992
        *Gallbladder removal-1995-gall stones
        *Hysterectomy-1998-still have ovaries
        *Interstim trial-2002
        *Interstim implant-2002
        *Trial pain pump did not work
        *spinal injections-2009 (once with 1 injection and a second time with 6 injections)

Comment

Ur own humera trial!

Bama-

Hey! Just thought of something!!! Maybe ur pain doc or uro will write an rx to let u try the med?! Good luck!!!
          IC since 1997

I couldn't make it without my husband- He IS the greatest!!!

I try to believe that God wouldn't give me anything more than what he knows I can handle

Comment

Maybe ur uro or pain doc will wtite rx for u to try?
            IC since 1997

I couldn't make it without my husband- He IS the greatest!!!

I try to believe that God wouldn't give me anything more than what he knows I can handle

Comment

Originally posted by sheilacoito View Post
              Bama-

Hey! Just thought of something!!! Maybe ur pain doc or uro will write an rx to let u try the med?! Good luck!!!
              When it is available in the US I will ask to try it.
              GO TO: IC-talkblogspot.com
              [B]CURRENT DIAGNOSES AND MEDICATIONS
              lumbar pain,depression,periphreal neuropathy,Insomnia,IBS
              for pain-tramadol ER 200 mgs (once a day),for break-thru pain-talwin(as needed),for periphreal nueropathy-Lyrica 150 mgs (3 times a day),for insomnia-ambien10mgs,for hot flashes- estradiol (estrogen),for IBS-Questran (one packet a day),for depression-paxil (80 mgs)=two 40 mgs a day

SURGERIES-
              *Bladder and Urethra removed (Radical Cystectomy)-August 2012
              *Vaginal Prolapse surgery, ovaries removed and Interstim removed 2012June 2012
              *Cauterization of the bladder lining-1992-i don't know the technical term
              *Bladder distension and cauterization-1992
              *Cystocopy-1992
              *Gallbladder removal-1995-gall stones
              *Hysterectomy-1998-still have ovaries
              *Interstim trial-2002
              *Interstim implant-2002
              *Trial pain pump did not work
              *spinal injections-2009 (once with 1 injection and a second time with 6 injections)

Comment

In this Clinical Trial

I am in this clinical trial now. The device come out on Tuesday. It stays in for 2 weeks. Sadly though, I think I got the placebo because it isn't working! But in 6 weeks (second part of the trial), I get the real thing, no matter what. I hope it helps! Glory

Originally posted by icnmgrjill View Post
                Liris, Taris Pharmaceutical's new treatment for interstitial cystitis, provides a steady dose of lidocaine to the bladder wall. Currently in clinical trials in Canada, this is new development for IC treatments and the preliminary data, while not yet published, looks VERY PROMISING! Remember this company and this treatment which they hope will receive FDA approval in 2015!

Read a Forbes magazine blog about it here:

http://blogs.forbes.com/petercohan/2...o-the-bladder/

Read the current clinical trial recruitment here:

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/sh...m=Liris&rank=1

The current round of clinical trials will end this summer. If you're Canadian and interested in participating, the research centers are below:

Canada, British Columbia
                Dr. Steinhoff Clinical Research Recruiting
                Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, V8V 3N1
                Contact: Jayne Forster-Coull, RN 250-388-0840 [email protected]
                Principal Investigator: Gary Steinhoff, MD

Canada, Nova Scotia
                Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax Infirmary Recruiting
                Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 3A7
                Contact: Susan J Winch, RN, BSN 902-473-6604 [email protected]
                Principal Investigator: Jerzy B Gajewski, MD

Canada, Ontario
                Centre for Applied Urological Research Recruiting
                Kingston, Ontario, Canada, K7L 3J7
                Principal Investigator: Curtis Nickel, MD

Check me out on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/glory.ic
                Diagnosed in early 7-2008 w/ IC: glomerations, mucosal cracking, & crystal embedding in the trigone. First cystoscopy & hydrodistention 7-2008
                Fervent prayer to God-I'm seeking divine healing on God's time table-it hasn't happened yet but I trust in Him for deliverance!
                Tried: Hydroxyzine HCL 50mg-I was a zombie! ,Took 300 mg Elmiron daily (over a year later), Instills, Amitryptiline, Cymbalta, Acupuncture, Herbs & marshmallow root tea, Hydrocodone than oxycodone for pain, Tramadol, Soma, Phenazopyridine (pyridium), MSM gel
                Still taking: Gabapentin (3 pills each night-300mg each), Melatonin (natural supplement)
                The latest, trying to cut out wheat & sugar to see if it helps ( I am desperate to find something-other than meds)! I just got off of a oxycodone habit that I originally was using to try & kill pain to function. I believe I had Opioid-induced hyperalgesia! My pain is not much worse giving up the pain meds after taking them for 4.5 years...it's about the same! It was a vicious cycle!
                IC runs in my family-My aunt has the same condition. The women on my maternal side have frequency issues. I have had frequency for many years. The pain started in December 2005 after I was in a car accident. Other : Hip disease (legg perthes as a child-resulting in a damaged femoral head), I had total hip replacement on my right hip in April 2010 at the age of 34. Had a hysterectomy in October 2010 due to pelvic pain & an unusual uterus.

Comment

Originally posted by glitteringglory View Post
                  I am in this clinical trial now. The device come out on Tuesday. It stays in for 2 weeks. Sadly though, I think I got the placebo because it isn't working! But in 6 weeks (second part of the trial), I get the real thing, no matter what. I hope it helps! Glory
                  is this treatment an instillation or an oral pill??
                  27 years old
                  Symptoms began 01/2013
                  Diagnosed 04/2013

Managing symptoms with the help of Chinese medicine

Hoping to heal

Comment

It's like an installation, but it is not in liquid form. They put the device in (straight at first to go in but it goes pretzel shaped in your bladder) through the urethra. It hurts afterwards the first day burning, etc, because of how it goes in. If it worked, it would be worth it. But for me, it seems like I am the same-probably got the placebo. I get it out (through the urethra again-ouch) on Tuesday.

Originally posted by abri91 View Post
                    is this treatment an instillation or an oral pill??

Diagnosed in early 7-2008 w/ IC: glomerations, mucosal cracking, & crystal embedding in the trigone. First cystoscopy & hydrodistention 7-2008
                    Fervent prayer to God-I'm seeking divine healing on God's time table-it hasn't happened yet but I trust in Him for deliverance!
                    Tried: Hydroxyzine HCL 50mg-I was a zombie! ,Took 300 mg Elmiron daily (over a year later), Instills, Amitryptiline, Cymbalta, Acupuncture, Herbs & marshmallow root tea, Hydrocodone than oxycodone for pain, Tramadol, Soma, Phenazopyridine (pyridium), MSM gel
                    Still taking: Gabapentin (3 pills each night-300mg each), Melatonin (natural supplement)
                    The latest, trying to cut out wheat & sugar to see if it helps ( I am desperate to find something-other than meds)! I just got off of a oxycodone habit that I originally was using to try & kill pain to function. I believe I had Opioid-induced hyperalgesia! My pain is not much worse giving up the pain meds after taking them for 4.5 years...it's about the same! It was a vicious cycle!
                    IC runs in my family-My aunt has the same condition. The women on my maternal side have frequency issues. I have had frequency for many years. The pain started in December 2005 after I was in a car accident. Other : Hip disease (legg perthes as a child-resulting in a damaged femoral head), I had total hip replacement on my right hip in April 2010 at the age of 34. Had a hysterectomy in October 2010 due to pelvic pain & an unusual uterus.

Comment

Hi glory

Do you taking olso pills with the placebo???

Comment

I'm not taking any pills during the trial. Except for maybe some ibuprofen. I had the device taken out last Thursday & it did NOT hurt. Phew! It was worse going in than coming out! I still won't know for a long while if I had the placebo or the real thing. *sigh*

Originally posted by Shlomi View Post
                        Hi glory

Do you taking olso pills with the placebo???

Comment

Hi

From reading the experiment of Lexus (another patient) she also received pills and they also told her that she got the real device, then it probably shows you that you got the placbo...

Comment

Not the study I did. It is a double blind study. Neither the doctor nor I know if it is a placebo or not. There are not any pills taken on the trial I was on-whether you got the real thing or placebo. They do everything the same whether using the placebo or the real thing. Either way, I had a pretzel implanted for 2 weeks. It was either lactose (placebo) or lidocaine. No pills were involved in the trial at all.

Originally posted by Shlomi View Post
                            Hi

From reading the experiment of Lexus (another patient) she also received pills and they also told her that she got the real device, then it probably shows you that you got the placbo...

Comment

I will get the real thing no matter what if I choose to do part 2 of the trial. I am not sure if I am going to do it or not. We'll see....

Comment

Re: Liris (The Lidocaine Pretzel) - Taris Pharmaceuticals

This is the best news I came across today! Where does it stand on being used in the US?

Comment

Working...
                                X