• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sarah57
    replied
    Re: Liris (The Lidocaine Pretzel) - Taris Pharmaceuticals

Originally posted by Demise1120 View Post
    This is the best news I came across today! Where does it stand on being used in the US?
    Any news of this???

Leave a comment:

• Demise1120
    replied
    Re: Liris (The Lidocaine Pretzel) - Taris Pharmaceuticals

This is the best news I came across today! Where does it stand on being used in the US?

Leave a comment:

• glitteringglory
    replied
    I will get the real thing no matter what if I choose to do part 2 of the trial. I am not sure if I am going to do it or not. We'll see....

Leave a comment:

• glitteringglory
    replied
    Not the study I did. It is a double blind study. Neither the doctor nor I know if it is a placebo or not. There are not any pills taken on the trial I was on-whether you got the real thing or placebo. They do everything the same whether using the placebo or the real thing. Either way, I had a pretzel implanted for 2 weeks. It was either lactose (placebo) or lidocaine. No pills were involved in the trial at all.

Originally posted by Shlomi View Post
    Hi

From reading the experiment of Lexus (another patient) she also received pills and they also told her that she got the real device, then it probably shows you that you got the placbo...

Leave a comment:

• Shlomi
    replied
    Hi

From reading the experiment of Lexus (another patient) she also received pills and they also told her that she got the real device, then it probably shows you that you got the placbo...

Leave a comment:

• glitteringglory
    replied
    I'm not taking any pills during the trial. Except for maybe some ibuprofen. I had the device taken out last Thursday & it did NOT hurt. Phew! It was worse going in than coming out! I still won't know for a long while if I had the placebo or the real thing. *sigh*

Originally posted by Shlomi View Post
    Hi glory

Do you taking olso pills with the placebo???

Leave a comment:

• Shlomi
    replied
    Hi glory

Do you taking olso pills with the placebo???

Leave a comment:

• glitteringglory
    replied
    It's like an installation, but it is not in liquid form. They put the device in (straight at first to go in but it goes pretzel shaped in your bladder) through the urethra. It hurts afterwards the first day burning, etc, because of how it goes in. If it worked, it would be worth it. But for me, it seems like I am the same-probably got the placebo. I get it out (through the urethra again-ouch) on Tuesday.

Originally posted by abri91 View Post
    is this treatment an instillation or an oral pill??

Leave a comment:

• abri91
    replied
    Originally posted by glitteringglory View Post
    I am in this clinical trial now. The device come out on Tuesday. It stays in for 2 weeks. Sadly though, I think I got the placebo because it isn't working! But in 6 weeks (second part of the trial), I get the real thing, no matter what. I hope it helps! Glory
    is this treatment an instillation or an oral pill??

Leave a comment:

• glitteringglory
    replied
    In this Clinical Trial

I am in this clinical trial now. The device come out on Tuesday. It stays in for 2 weeks. Sadly though, I think I got the placebo because it isn't working! But in 6 weeks (second part of the trial), I get the real thing, no matter what. I hope it helps! Glory

Originally posted by icnmgrjill View Post
    Liris, Taris Pharmaceutical's new treatment for interstitial cystitis, provides a steady dose of lidocaine to the bladder wall. Currently in clinical trials in Canada, this is new development for IC treatments and the preliminary data, while not yet published, looks VERY PROMISING! Remember this company and this treatment which they hope will receive FDA approval in 2015!

Read a Forbes magazine blog about it here:

http://blogs.forbes.com/petercohan/2...o-the-bladder/

Read the current clinical trial recruitment here:

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/sh...m=Liris&rank=1

The current round of clinical trials will end this summer. If you're Canadian and interested in participating, the research centers are below:

Canada, British Columbia
    Dr. Steinhoff Clinical Research Recruiting
    Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, V8V 3N1
    Contact: Jayne Forster-Coull, RN 250-388-0840 [email protected]
    Principal Investigator: Gary Steinhoff, MD

Canada, Nova Scotia
    Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax Infirmary Recruiting
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 3A7
    Contact: Susan J Winch, RN, BSN 902-473-6604 [email protected]
    Principal Investigator: Jerzy B Gajewski, MD

Canada, Ontario
    Centre for Applied Urological Research Recruiting
    Kingston, Ontario, Canada, K7L 3J7
    Principal Investigator: Curtis Nickel, MD

Leave a comment:

• bamagirl
    replied
    Originally posted by sheilacoito View Post
    Bama-

Hey! Just thought of something!!! Maybe ur pain doc or uro will write an rx to let u try the med?! Good luck!!!
    When it is available in the US I will ask to try it.

Leave a comment:

• sheilacoito
    replied
    Maybe ur uro or pain doc will wtite rx for u to try?

Leave a comment:

• sheilacoito
    replied
    Ur own humera trial!

Bama-

Hey! Just thought of something!!! Maybe ur pain doc or uro will write an rx to let u try the med?! Good luck!!!

Leave a comment:

• bamagirl
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfaleena View Post
    thanks for the reply Patty..
    I live in NJ and the study is in California; duration 12 weeks.
    Like you said it is a 50 50 chance that you could receive the study meds...
    with those odds, i don't think i will be going ... it would cost me a ton to go for 12 weeks.

The drug is Humeria..sp? My sister is RA and she uses it. IT is an injectable and she injects it every two weeks. My sister claims that is has been a miracle drug for her RA.
    I got very excited about the trial since her RA is auto-immune and if IC is auto-immune then maybe this it the thng!
    Since i have tried just about everything out there and nothing has worked, really, ... the only thing that has helped my pain somewhat is going to pain management doc... and he has prescribed methadone for the past 2 years.
    the frequency is still awful, and restrics the quality of my life in such a disturbing way. BEing that i have had IC for 20 years... Can you imagine how many times i have used the toilet in the past 20 years.... It has got to beat the Guiness book of world records!!!!!
    I need something that is going to reduce the times a day that i urinate.... i mean significantly...without making me go into retention. i have a real problem with not emtpying my bladder all the way. And whenever i have been given any type of medication to help stop the constant trips to the bathroom, i go into retention and can't urinate at all or just a little bit!!
    Ugh! how frustrating ...

I feel so badly for my husband, I feel like he is burdened with a defective wife. I am just having a bad day that's all. usually I just put on my fighting gloves and bounce through another day. But I would like to not have to live like that.. We all don't want to live like that...
    We want a quality of life.
    Why can't these docs and researchers figure this thing out. It has been dragging on all of my adult life. I don't see any end in sight ... it is just the same old treatments that they try to offer and none of them have worked on me.. the only thing that has helped me a bit with my pain, like i said, is methadone.... (and it makes you totally constipated)..
    Oh well., sorry to be a "Debbie Downer" but I guess i just had to vent.
    I'll feel better tomorrow. I think i am just angry and feel that nobody in the medical field cares enough to get the ball going in a serious direction at a serious pace.....
    I mean these are real people out here suffering.. their lives going by ...waiting for a cure or something significant that can make a real difference in the quality of their life....
    I am praying that i can find something or someone that can help me reduce this frequency and nocturia. i just want to feel normal again .
    I know how you feel. I have had it for 20 years myself. Sometimes we just need to vent. I think we are better off getting it out rather than holding it in. It is comforting yet sad to know that other people have the same problems so that we can share ideas.

Leave a comment:

• mineola
    replied
    unable to send message to Jill

Not able to add icon for quick reply..nothing happens when I click those listed...
    letter is " food additives ".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X