• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courage and Spirit Award combined

Hi Folks,
    Today I had the pleasure of speaking to someone that truly amazes me with
    her high spirits, and acceptance. She has had a rough go of things, yet she
    still moved forward. She she has showed strength and courage thru the last few years, more then anyone should have to. Yet she did not complain about it once.
    I sit here and think about the problems that I have. The problems I have been thru, and, the journey I have a head of me. I have to ask myself, what would I do in another's situation? It is not something that you can answer, unless you have been there, or heading in that direction..
    Ok now from the outside looking in it is easy to say I understand, It will be ok, it was meant to bet, everything happens for a reason.. Sometimes we absolutely want to scream to the top of our lungs I don't want to hear that, I just want you to listen........
    Imagine, one day everything in your life is going ok, and the next
    life as you knew it would all be over.You are told to leave your home right now, be cause of a hurricane. You already see that the water has reached your house and it was rising fast. You have no choice but to just leave there is no time for anything. Imagine losing every thing you owned. Your most precious items saved for years, pictures, your home, everything that your children ever made you just destroyed, these things can never be replaced.
    I know there is one person I know that differently deserves the Spirit and Courage award, not for a post but for being the strongest lady I have ever met. This person is Leelee, She has showed more strength and courage acceptance and high spirits then any one I know.

Hugs
    Cindy
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Congratulations, Leelee, this award is well-deserved! You are a blessing to these boards and to the world in general!

Blessings,
    Lori

Comment

Cindy,
      You post really touched me... It even made me cry..In a good way though.
      I have been through alot but we all go through so much.. I dont look at myself as a victim, but as a survivor..I am so glad I have found this place, because I have met some of the most awsome people here and you are one of them... ((((((((hugs))))))))))) thank you again
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

((((((((((((Leelee))))))))))))

You are so deserving hon!

So glad you are here! What would we do without you?!

Hugs,
        Moonheart
        http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

leelee - Tig is right on!
          Hugs,
          Tracey
          How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
          http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
          IC dx'd Nov 2004
          Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
          Possible IBS
          Current IC Meds
          Vistaril 25mg in the evening
          Previous IC Meds taken:
          Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
          Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
          Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
          Others:
          Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
          Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
          Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
          Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Leelee you are very welcome. I couldn't think of anyone that could come close to deserving this award. We all do things that are out standing at times, but nothing compaired to what you have been thru that I know of... You are a surivier, an angel, and a very good friend.. I hope your happiness contiues and you never have to have your heart broke again.

this part of the song reminds me of you

I don't believe in self pity it only brings you down
            May be the queen of broken hearts but I don't hide behind the crown
            When the deck is stacked against me I just play a different game
            My roots are planted in the past and though my life is changing fast
            Who I am is who I wanna be

But I must have had my mama's will and God's amazing grace
            (I'm a survivor)
            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Thanks again to all of you!
              Hugs
              Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Diet Reference Sheet:

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
              Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
              Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

For leelee...*Applause...Applause* Congratulations. :woohoo:
                Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:

Link to the IC Diet:
                http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thanks Sharon,
                  and welcome back, hope you has a nice weekend...
                  Hugs
                  Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

Hey, this is great, Ronda! I know you've had a rough time of it but still here you are, hanging in there for yourself, family, and all of us, too! Well deserved

Comment

Congrats Rhonda,you definately deserve it. I had no idea you went through all of that; I can't imagine how hard that must have been. There have been so many times you replied to one of my frantic posts and I really appreciate your thoughtful words and great ideas. Enjoy this honor!
                      Rachel
                      DX's:
                      IC; PFD; possible Fibromyalgia; IBS;

Symptoms: Frequency, Urgency, pelvic and bladder pain, bladder and pelvic spasms, difficulty starting urination, weak stream, incontinence, vaginal and urethral pain

I've Tried:
                      three Hydrodistentions, various Rescue Installments; 6 DSMO treatments; Pyridium Plus; Proced; Detrol (patch); Elavil; Uricet K; Elmiron; Nortiptyline; Ultram; Allegra; Ditropan; Ditropan ER; Vesicare; regular Lidocain; Neurontin; Lyrica; and few more I can't remember!
                      Currently using:
                      Valium; Vicadin; Proced DS; Claritin; Buffered Lidocain; Cymbalta; Baclofen; Prazosin @ night (also on Prednisone and Adderall for my joint pain and severe fatigue)
                      Heating pads; frozen water bottles; A&D ointment; Poise pads; IC dieter since 8/06; yoga; imagery & relaxation CD, Mindfullness, self healing CD's; hot baths; seat cushion; prayer
                      I am 28 yrs old, dx'ed in '06, still trying to get my health undercontrol!!

Comment

My heart goes out to you Rhonda. You definitely deserve the courage and spirit award. You have really went through alot, and I am glad you are hanging in there.
                        Jen

Comment

Thanks ...
                          Briza, Rachel and Jen
                          Hugs
                          Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: AWESOME Leelee!

Kara
                            Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
                            http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

Thanks Kara
                              Hugs
                              Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

Working...
                              X