Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I have to limit sodium due to high blood pressure --- Tums helps me.

Leave a comment:

• Barbara M
    replied
    I made an error on my post about baking soda. It should have read “do not drink along with food.”

Leave a comment:

• Barbara M
    replied
    I use 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in one cup of water (you can barely taste soda in the water). Drink all at once. Do not drink with food.
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 01-08-2022, 05:45 AM. Reason: Added the word "not" --- see following post.

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    replied
    Re: lower abdominal swelling

The cause of the swelling is a bit of a mystery but most believe that it's caused by inflammation when the bladder gets irritated during the day... I used to get the belly all the time at first... but now I only get it if I eat a lot of white bread or products containing gluten. If I don't, I do so much better!

Do you have our flare management guide? It has bladder wall rescue strategies that could also help! You can get the 40page flare guide by signing up for our free newsletter here!

https://www.ic-network.com/interstit...-e-newsletter/

Hugs & Welcome to the ICN!

Jill

PS. On magnesium... just know that your body can only tolerate a certain amount before it triggers loose bowel so if you are going to try it, start with a small amount first and work your way up. I don't really know of success using it though in my experience with patients.

Leave a comment:

• TerryC2454
    replied

Originally posted by Sharing View Post
    Magnesium capsules have helped me & helps with the abdomin swelling i go every day now!
    I use (Country Life) Magnesium Caps 300mg each i take one a day!
    You will see results in a few days!

Good Luck
    What kind of magnesium? I'm dying tonight. : (

Leave a comment:

• MrsPM
    replied

Originally posted by Saradee View Post
    My bladder pain (with swelling) has dramatically decreased over the last month... but I've noticed this week that my uncomfortable abdominal swelling is back (around my bladder). I shouldn't even really complaining about it since my pain isn't bad at all.

Does anyone else experience this swelling? And what do you do to decrease the swelling?
    I get a terrible swollen, bloated tummy during a flare and my tummy feels so tense and tight, more painful than being pregnant!

Leave a comment:

• Butterfly33
    replied
    I am also soooo bloated

There are certain foods/medicines that make it worse for me. Coffee and now I just found out antibiotics. I was on them for 7 days (had to do 10) and was ok, but on the 6th day I started to get sooo bloated, and by the evening I was bending over in so much pain. The next day I could barely urinate without screaming. So I am blaming the antibiotics. The nurse told me to discontinue it. I am better but still swollen.

Leave a comment:

• macylynn
    replied
    This is so ironic that I started reading the message board today. I thought I had been gaining weight, but my 'swollen' belly must be because I am having a serious flare up currently! Thanks for the insight!

Leave a comment:

• fireflicker285
    replied
    I also have always had IC belly with flares. Ugh. Hate it. I always "looked pregnant" even when I wasn't.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Oh yeah, I get it too! In the beginning, right before and right at diagnosis, I was wondering why I was having to wear my PMS/period jeans all the time!!! Now I know why, and mine comes and goes with flares too, and shows up during PMS, as usual, ugh. Time to drag out the period pants again......LOL

Tracey

Leave a comment:

• July
    replied
    Gently massaging/tickling with the tips of my fingers over my belly has a very relaxing effect, or having my fiance do it. My PT also use to take the palm of her hand and apply pressure to different areas of my belly a few seconds at a time. She said that as you apply pressure to a tense muscle, it will eventually give in and relax. My Pt was the first person to take a look at my belly. She said it was a big sign of IC and VV. I never have had a dr. look at my belly.

Sharing-What does magnesium do for the belly?

Leave a comment:

• Sharing
    replied
    Did you try the 1teaspoon baking soda in a 8 oz glass of water? works in 5min for me
    Try it !
    Check you diet....

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• trytosmile
    replied
    I look like I'm 4 months pregnant all the time. Depressing on those summer days when you pull out your bathing suit. I've even had people ask my parents if I was "expecting". Oh great !

Leave a comment:

• Barbie
    replied
    The first thing I notice when a flare is starting is a puffy, swollen belly! I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one that suffers from this. It stays swollen for the duration of the flare and them some. When I'm feeling normal, no flare, then my belly is flatter and the difference is amazing. Don't know what to do about it. I'll try cutting down on salt, but that's hard because sometimes the only way to make my food taste good is to salt it. I'm in a flare right now that just won't go away! I've been fighting this one for over a week with only minimal relief.Pain in the pelvic area, burning, swollen belly, feeling like I have to urinate all the time, it's just so depressing. Tried all my tricks to get rid of it and nothing seems to work this time. I finally used Benedryl today and got some relief for a few hours. Now it's back and I'm about ready to lose it!
    Barbie

Leave a comment:

• Sharing
    replied
    Magnesium capsules have helped me & helps with the abdomin swelling i go every day now!
    I use (Country Life) Magnesium Caps 300mg each i take one a day!
    You will see results in a few days!

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

Working...
X