Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! I found a great book that shows you where the trigger points in the body are. It's writting by Bonnie Prudden and it's called "Pain Erasure". After we bought it my husband and I found several main trigger points in my lower back that causes my bladder spasms. My husband used a heat massager on those points for 20 min at a time and then applied an ice pack. After a cpl weeks the points were much less painful and the spasms decreased and finally went away. Once in a while I'll get spasms from sitting in one position for a long time.....and then my husband we start all over with the therapy (he's one great husband!!) If you haven't read this book.....it's a must read! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• marysxx
    replied
    Pt

Originally posted by Ratchada
    I have been in a flare for several weeks now (almost always urgency) and go to PT about twice a week. Today the therapist found a trigger point during the internal phase of my session. She was able to relieve the spasm and I feel like a totally new person. My flare has gone, at least for today. I am blessed to have a wonderful PT who is so astute at treating pelvic floor issues. If you have the opportnity to find a good PT you may be surprised at how much it might help. My main symptom is urgency and the feeling I have to go all the time drives me crazy. Today is the first break I have had from that in what seems like forever! Just a thought. Ratchada

Dear Ratchada,
    I to know a little about trigger points. I also have fibromyalga. However I have not been able to find a pt who knows how to locate trigger points. I live in Garden city ,Ny (long Island). Also I beleive this ic could be trigger point related. Please give me some pelvic (one) exercise I can do to help with this ic. And also maybe where your trigger point is and maybe I can get a prescription from my uro for pt and have them see where my trigger point could be. Elmiron for almost five months, cymbalta, Elavil etc,etc,. I too cant stand when I have to pee every second!!! marysxx

Leave a comment:

• Ratchada
    replied
    Helped dramatically by PT

I have been in a flare for several weeks now (almost always urgency) and go to PT about twice a week. Today the therapist found a trigger point during the internal phase of my session. She was able to relieve the spasm and I feel like a totally new person. My flare has gone, at least for today. I am blessed to have a wonderful PT who is so astute at treating pelvic floor issues. If you have the opportnity to find a good PT you may be surprised at how much it might help. My main symptom is urgency and the feeling I have to go all the time drives me crazy. Today is the first break I have had from that in what seems like forever! Just a thought. Ratchada

Leave a comment:

• Vicki
    replied
    Magnesium Oxide helps me when I am in a bad flare. Other tricks are Prelief, Baking soda, Diflucan, Claritan D, Darvocet, Benadryl or Ativan. That right there is my arsenal! Daily I take Elavil, Hydroxyzine, Hydro-Eye and Baclofen/Lidocaine suppositories. I only whip out the meds in my arsenal for a flare! Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• marysxx
    replied
    WHAT IS MSM? aND HOW DO YOU USE THE ALOE VERA? mARYSXX

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    Yes it works great for me with the urgency problem. I hardly have it any more. What causes the frequency is drinking cold water....or any cold drink. I"m not fond of drinking luke warm water but it's what I have to do. Roxie

Leave a comment:

• snslife
    replied
    thanks everyone ! Ill try the tips you gave me. So elavil works well with the urgency? I dont have any burning, i just have to go all the time.

Leave a comment:

• windwalker
    replied
    Have you gone to the doc and have a urine culture done? maybe you have an infection? The baking soda in water, as gackable as it tastes, helps me too. I make sure I use extremely cold water, anything to mask the taste. I use only 1/4 tsp. per 8 ounce cup of water. The bath could help too. Wish I had more for ya. I'd start w/a call to the doc if at all possible. (((HUGS)))

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    Ugh. Those are the worst! I hate that feeling. The girls have some good suggestions, sometimes a hot bath or a heating pad will help mine. I also have noticed drastic improvements with the Elavil. It decreased my urgency and frequency to ALMOST nonexistant. good luck!

Leave a comment:

• kjd
    replied
    Shannon

I have these exact feelings everyday! It's horrible and I dont sleep either. I have the constant urge to go and it drives me insane. Iv'e had it for 2 years now and I really dont know what to do!

I feel so sorry for you as I know how it feels! I havent been able to sleep properly for years and have to work full time. I spend hours running to and from the toilet in frustration!
    you are not alone

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI I had terrible frequency problems for MANY years and it wasn't until my Uro prescibed Elavil that it got MUCH better with in a matter of a few days! For quick relief I agree that Azo is probably the best stuff out there........and trying the heat though that doesn't do much for me in that respect. Call your dr. and get some help. Roxie

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Oh yes, I have been there too myself, ugh. It's not fun one bit. I was going to suggest the same things that aprilmae did Warm bath, heating pad... Have you tried Pyridium? I know sometimes that would work for me - I used the over-the-counter stuff, AZO Standard or Uristat - whichever was cheapest, lol. Um, even drinking a big glass of water with a tsp of baking powder stirred in can be soothing to an irritated bladder, but be careful if you have salt sensitive health issues...

I wish I had more ideas, or just a magic wand for you!!!

Keep your chin up and know it won't last forever (just feels like it sometimes! )

Hugs!!

Leave a comment:

• aprilmae
    replied
    Are you at home? If so I would put some baking soda into a tub of water and take a bath. Maybe the warm water would help you relax. I know that when I am stressed out from pain and suffering it only makes it worse. Usually if I can get my self to relax it helps the symptoms. Also, a heating pad may help. I also like to drink herbal tea when I feel bad. It is very soothing.

I really hope you feel better.

Leave a comment:

• snslife
    started a topic please help

please help

I am a week into a flare and i cant stand it anymore. I have consistent urgency to go to the bathroom. it DOES NOT stop. No meds help. I cant even sleep bc my body keeps waking itself up bc it thinks it has to go. Im completely miserable. I can hardly move. I sit on the toilet for hours praying it will stop. somebody please help me!
Working...
X