No announcement yet.

Terrible flare up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You didn't mention what class of antidepressants you've used. I couldn't take any of the tricycic antidepressants, but I could take the other class that includes Prozac. All the tricyclics ( elavil,tofranil, pamelor etc.) would cause me some retention and nervousness, but Prozac never did.

Comment

425runner,
      Thanks for the response. I should probably post my meds at the bottom of my page. I take Klonapin .5mg twice a day. I also take all Hormones, (subq) for complete hysterectomy that started this mess three years ago. Exalgo (this is extended release Diluadid) 8 mg once a day and Diluadid 2 mg for breakthrough pain. I can only eat organic chicken (a few other meats), rice, rice milk, canola oil, olive oil, lettuce, almonds, organic rice cereal, green beans, organic cane juice, and potatoes. This is my list and this is really all I can eat. I have tried to add other things in and I know eggs cause pain, dairy causes pain, vitamins and minerals like Vit C, B and all magnesium. I am gluten intollerant so no bread and most of the gluten free has egg whites or something I can't have.

When this first started I could eat more. Now it is much worse. Aloe Vera was helping for awhile a long time ago and then I started breaking out in a rash. I have since tried to take it again and had the same results. I am not sure about Marshmellow root tea. I used to drink it in the tinture without alcohol just in warm water. It did increase my frequency,, not sure if it helped with the pain because there was so much trying different foods or meds all the time. I have some and can try it again. I need to make sure my bladder is somewhat calm or I can't tell if something is making it worse. I will try it again by itself thanks for the reminder about it.

I seriously don't go off the IC diet or my crazy diet I call it at all. Never. It hurts way too much. For over 2 years the only thing I did go off for was blueberries and I paid for that.
      Teresa

We are not HUMAN BEINGS going through a temporary SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE. We are SPIRITUAL BEINGS going through a temporary HUMAN EXPERIENCE....so that we may become more SPIRITUAL.

Comment

earthlady,
        I have tried mostly the SSRI's I think Lexapro, Paxil (was on this 17 years before getting IC) Prozac, Cymbalta (terrible retention), Prestique (spelling?), Well butrin, Elavil, some others too I just forget right now. Lexapro really worked well for me until they gave me Diluadid for pain. It interacts in a dangerous way for me. I throw up, get dizzy, feel faint, get a rash, really, can't handle light or sound, it is really bad. Lexapro before the Diluadid was really helpful and stopped my frequency. Now I can't get off the Diluadid and if I could I don't know onto what. I am allergic to percocet (can't breathe), Fentynl (severe muscles spasms in chest), morphine (stops urination, jittery), subqtex (spelling - severe vomitting), Lyrica (did nothing) caused blurry vision, Gabapentin -2500 mg began having stomach issues and so sleepy. Can't remember there were some others.
        Teresa

We are not HUMAN BEINGS going through a temporary SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE. We are SPIRITUAL BEINGS going through a temporary HUMAN EXPERIENCE....so that we may become more SPIRITUAL.

Comment

Working...
        X