Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothergoose
    replied
    The NSAID I took was named Ketoralac (sp) need an rx for it. I had no idea there were differences to the NSAIDS, I just know they all pretty much bother me with the exception of Ponstan/Ponstal.

Last year there there was a manufactor shortage of Ponstan and I tried most other NSAIDS that my Dr. could RX me and they all bothered my bladder.

It pretty much has settled down today, but that was 4 days, from one pill, won't do that again.

MG

thank you for your help MG

I was not an ibuprofen , if something is going to bother my bladder it ca do it within 20 mins.

Thanks for the suggestions I am very med sensetive and allergic to herbs and spices so I probalby can't take borage oils, and I already know I can't take black current.

As for Evening Prime rose oil I am not too sure about.

Leave a comment:

• purpleviolet
    replied
    what's in NSAID to bother you?

Mothergoose - I'm just curious what you think is in the ibuprofen (is that what you took?). Your flare was so quick, so was it acid that would respond to baking soda or was it that an NSAID reduces prostaglandins which in many people is good but in some people is bad. Supposedly you could increase protaglandins by taking something like evening primrose oil or black current or borage oils. I wonder if that would help. You could ask doctor as these can thin blood a little I think. A thought.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    Thanks MG

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Sorry you are going through a flare.. I know I cannot take that either!
    Hang in there and know that this to shall pass..
    Hugs

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    Thanks Donna

No relief yet today, it is just really bad timeing for me I have so much on my plate right now.

I guess that is all on how you look at though I see a new uro today and if my bladder is really good I am sure he would be wondering why I am there.

MG

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Just think --- if nobody ever made mistakes, the eraser people would be broke.

I hope you feel better quickly.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    Thanks I could just kick myself I know better.

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    I REALLY hope you feel better soon <3 and thank you so much for all your advice when I was having a hard time

Jenn

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    started a topic I knew better

I knew better

I saw my Dr. yesterday, i have had lots of trip into see him lately with one issue and another.

He often gives me a shot of ketoralac, it is a NSAID but it doesn't usually both me. Yesterday he said I should take it with my other meds for a few days to see if things will settle down a bit.

I knew better but I was not thinking I took it and 1/2 hour later my bladder was on fire, still is I have been up since 4 am, all my usual things haven't calmed it down.

I even have a book that i write meds in that don't agree with me and it says plainly never take again.

I guess I was having a blonde moment and took it, and now I pay for it.

I guess i spend the day in front of the computer with my heating pad.

MG
Working...
X