I have lost my hope again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have lost my hope again.

I went to my doctor over 2 weeks ago. We increased my meds, got me urised and lidocane cream. My smptoms started to get better after a week and a half not great but a little better, I had hope. We did the deed on Friday, felt like crap on Saturday, Sunday felt a bit better in the afternoon and as of today I feel like crap AGAIN. I just want my symptoms to go away, like they were for almost 2 years!(I was PG for some of that time too). I didn't DO anything different, I just don't get it. My doctor seemed as baffled as me, b/c I didn't change anything. I started BCP in October and have stopped them now just in case that was what was messing me up. I'm just so confused and angry as to why I can't get this to go away. This SUCKS. I felt like this for almost 7 years and I do NOT want to go back to that again
    I'm sorry I keep posting these downer posts. I just need to get it out and to people who understand. My DH is sympatheti but he just doesn't know how I really feel.
    Mom to:
    Ella~born 10/14/03
    Travis~born 5/8/06

Meds:
    Elmiron~2pills 2X a day
    Elavil~50mg at bedtime
    Had great results with this for almost 2 years. Currently in a flare since 1/9/07 Trying Urised, lidocane cream, Cystoproteck and now Benadryl at night to try and stop it.

It may take a couple months for the BCP to get out of your system and the new meds to help. Don't give up. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Dancemom's right; these meds and things don't work right away I wish they did, but it takes time for the old ones to be eliminated and for the new ones to kick in. Don't give up You WILL feel better soon. You got into a good 2 year remission -- and you can do it again!!
      Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
      *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
      *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
      *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

You are not a downer!! We are here to support you, so don't worry about it! I am truly sorry that you are having so much trouble. Give the BCP sufficient time to really get out of your system and for your new meds to work. I'm sure you and your doc will be able to find a successful mix of meds for you so you can hop back into remission.

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
        ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
        back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

Thank you ladies. I'm so grateful for this website during tough times.

I started taking my urised again which has made my bladder feel better this time! Whoohoo! Now my urethra is in unbreable pain though and I can't get it to stop, if it's not one thing.....
          Mom to:
          Ella~born 10/14/03
          Travis~born 5/8/06

Meds:
          Elmiron~2pills 2X a day
          Elavil~50mg at bedtime
          Had great results with this for almost 2 years. Currently in a flare since 1/9/07 Trying Urised, lidocane cream, Cystoproteck and now Benadryl at night to try and stop it.

Comment

Working...
          X