Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aprilchen
    replied
    Donna, I have a test kit here and checked my urine for infection and it showed the same thing it showed in the ER the other night: 3+ blood, 3+ protein and 4+ bilirubin. Anyway, so they said that can be from IC and there is not infection. Thanks for suggesting that.

Claudia,
    I have been doing all those things. My heating pad is my best friend, besides my husband. My pain is calming some now but today has been awful and I just pray for sleep. Last night I slept all of probably two hours. Anyway, I am taking the max I can on meds...10mg twice a day on Methadone, at least until I see pain mgmt this Wednesday. My last epidural is going into my left and right pelvic/hip bones so maybe that will at least deaden the back pain and maybe affect the nerves of the bladder. Hey Moonheart, I hope everything is ok with you. May I ask, how long ago was your hydrodistention?
    Should I expect the hard times to last a LONG time post hydrodistention?

Mine was Jan. 18 and it stinks right now, but today has been the worst since stopping Pyridium.

Thanks for everyone's responses.
    April

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Hydrodistentions have helped me more than any of my other treatments, but some people find it takes a while to recover. Have you been checked to be sure you don't have an infection? Even if you were checked only a few days ago, you really should think about it again, especially since you've been cathing.

After my first hydro, I had a problem with retention that lasted almost two weeks. I hope you feel better very soon.

Sending gentle hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    April,
    I'm sorry you are feeling so terrible! Of course I am not a doctor, but I have been taking pyridium plus for months on end...my doc never mentioned anything about liver danger. I'm pretty sure I would be ten times worse off without it.
    As for advice, I wish I had more. I would continue with the warm baths as tolerated, and maybe use a heating pad on your abdomen or back if either is hurting or you have pain radiating. Also, if you are having a lot of burning and urethral pain, sometimes an ice pack in between your legs offers some relief.
    If you are still feeling this bad in the morning, don't hesitate to put a call in to your doc's office. You should not have to suffer like this! Maybe there is a different med he could give you to help ease your pain.

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    My pain doubled since my hydro and I haven't had any relief since. I had to increase my morphine to 120mg a day with doctor's approval, and there are times when I just scream the pain shocks me so bad. Plus now I have increased edema and pain as well as heat in my legs, arms/hands, and face. I'm pretty bummed about it.

I hope you feel better.

Moonheart

Leave a comment:

• aprilchen
    started a topic Having the worst day since the hospital

Having the worst day since the hospital

Hi,

I feel like I have been using this board MUCH more for reading and searching for help, than helping anyone else. Anyway, I have been living on this board since I found out about it.

Today has been the worst and most painful day that I have had since the day of my hydrodistention. I *think* the reason for that was that I stopped my pyridium yesterday because I read that it was bad to take that and Urogesic for longer than a week consecutively.

So, I have felt every bit of IC pain that probably could be felt today. I have an in and out cath here and my husband has catheterized me at least four times. Two other times I was able to urinate by sitting in a hot, hot tub of water.

Anyway, I take the meds listed below and have taken 10mg Methadone and 12.5mg Phenergan. I don't know what else to take because I am scared that overtaking the Pyridium and Urogesic will cause all the side effects like liver and kidney failure.

Please help. Does anyone else have any immediate solutions...(though I don't know if immediate exists for IC). All that has helped is when my bladder has been emptied completely and have gotten SOME relief. Does anyone have any thoughts? If it wasn't for my wonderful husband and how he motivates me, I really don't think I would have made it through the three years I have had to live in pain before a diagnosis.

April
Working...
X