Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Claudia -- Thanks for the sympathy and suggestions. I actually did call the police desk sergeant, but I couldn't get the license number bc. the car was in the front of the house, but the dogs could only come in through the back door (bc. of the fence), and I felt it was more important to get them out of danger. But I mentioned it to the cops and they said they would make a note of it.

Turns out this guy may have been headed to a party my 16 year old next door neighbor was having. I called the cops again a while later bc. there was a car parked in front of my house with people in it, and I was so nervous by that time that I just asked them to send a patrol car by to see why they were there. I live in a real small town so that was no problem. So, one patrol car showed up and looked at the car, but there was no one in it by then. Then, suddenly about five more cars showed up (that would be most of the force ) and they were there a LONG time. As near as we can piece it together, a bunch of the kids had left the house and gone into the woods across the street to engage in illegal activities. Four kids rode off with the cops, but the party went on until 2 am anyway. The noise kept waking up my daughter and my dogs, which kept waking me up -- not a good night. I want to know where the hell her mother was.

Jen -- We're a support group, that's what we do: support each other! I'm not keeping a score sheet. Thank you for your sympathy too. I just really needed it. This week was just too much for me, and now that my husband is back from California, I'm spending the weekend in bed!

I don't know what I'd do without all of you.

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    Sending you a big
    I hope you feel better soon.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Carolyn, I'm so sorry You have sure had one hell of a time of it this week. This last thing with the dogs was just insane! Where does that guy get off doing that???

If you ever want to vent, just PM me. You have supported me a lot recently in my decision to look for another job; it's time I supported you!

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    Carolyn,
    I am sorry that your week has been so bad. When it rains, it pours! Again, I am so sorry about your cousin...I know that has been so difficult for you. As for the freak yelling at your dogs, if that should ever happen again, don't hesitate to contact the police. Try to get as much information about the car and/ or driver as you can, including a license plate if doing so doesn't put you in any danger or in any direct contact with the freak. That way, the police may be able to look around your neighborhood or surrounding area for this weirdo. Also, if freak has done this to other people, they may be able to match up complaints to get more information.
    I wish I could say more to make you feel better. I really hope things improve for you soon.

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    Carolyn,
    I'm sorry you've had such a rotten week. Between all the emotional stuff and your body giving you the finger you need a break girlfriend!!!!!!! Hang in there and I'll be up a while--Lindsey leaves tomorrow. I'm pretty sad and I upset my parents and they aren't speaking to me. OOps, didn't me to take over the thread, I'll be outta here.

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    Sorry you are feeling so rough today! I hope that your flare passes soon. You have had very rough week, and I am sure your cousin's funeral and all the stress brought this on. Hopefully, you can get some rest tonite and maybe you will feel better when you wake up.

Hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    started a topic So tired...

So tired...

Oh, I just need an outlet to moan and groan a little; I hope no one minds. I am hurting all over my body today (and yesterday). I thought maybe it was from standing up for 90 minutes at my cousin's funeral Wednesday, because I usually can't stand up more than 10 minutes without pain. But I talked to an old friend who is a nurse and told her everything I was feeling, and she said, "Duh, you're having a fibro flare-up!" Oh, yeah. Haven't had one in years. I had almost forgotten I ever had fibromyalgia. I hope it's just a flare and not the start of a new round.

I am still just stunned by my cousin's death on Monday (if anyone missed my post on that, Kenny died suddenly and completely unexpectedly from a heart attack at age 40), and SO tired and SO tired of being tired and sick of being sick. AND a letter arrived that my SSD interview will be this coming Thursday, but some of the medical records I requested haven't arrived yet, including the one that says I was diagnosed with IC! My sister (disability lawyer sister, not English professor sister), says go to the interview anyway, and to expect to be turned down on the first round because only 8% of applicants get it on the first round. Well, considering how bad this week has been, I'll certainly look disabled!

OMG I just broke off -- my dogs were outside in the fenced yard, and a car drove by, so they barked a little, and the car stopped and a guy got out and screamed, 'Hey, you dogs, shut the f*** up or I'll blow your f***ing heads off!' I had to run down two flights of stairs to call the dogs in, so by the time that was done the car was gone. I'm here all alone and that was really scary! At least I have the dogs inside with me now. Scary. I suppose he was probably on something. God, I want to go to bed but I know I won't sleep.

So, anyway, this week has just been too damn much for me. I wish I could be somewhere else, maybe someone else... bleh.

Sorry to be so gloomy. It just all piled up on me at once and I really needed an outlet.

Thanks, guys.
Working...
X