Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trigger question

Hi all,
    Once you have identified a trigger - and eliminate it - how long until you start to feel better? Any thoughts....Thanks

Hummm... Sometimes it takes days to get over a flare and sometimes longer.. it just depends.. I have found that I can be doing the same thing with meds and diet and go days without a flare then all of a sudden I have one, even though I didnt change anything.. So its hard to say, even if I know what triggeres a flare and stop eating what triggered it, that does not mean I will never get one again.. I do know that my hormones play a big part in it and stress is another trigger point.. IC is strange, It effects us in so many differant ways and effects everyone differant....
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

runningshoes I love the name.. for me on triggers its everything I eat and drink.. ggrrrr... but yes when you figure out what is what you will sart feeling better, how long I don't know.
      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I love runningshoe as well! I think it depends on how bad of a flare that you are having and what caused it. Drink plenty of water, especially if the flare is diet related, as this will wash out the bad stuff quicker.

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
        ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
        back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

Thanks guys! My running shoes have always represented freedom and power. I hope to wear them again! I still have not determined what triggered the flare: high salt diet (drinking salty water!!), nadolol (beta blocker) or florinef....I stopped drinking the salty water but have not been able to go off meds yet - need to meet with drs (tomorrow). I was flaring big time for 2 weeks before I even realized it was my bladder (12 years in remission makes you forget!). I stopped the salty water 10 days ago. I have been taking pain meds but need less to get by and one day I didn't need anything until it hit around 8 pm. It will take a while to unravel the mystery but thanks for your ideas and support.

Comment

Working...
          X