No announcement yet.

I'm alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't heard what my UA/culture results were but I do feel better today. I'm still very weak though and was a real dummy yesterday because I went grocery shopping. By the time I was halfway through the store I was exhausted and sweaty/clammy from being worn out. I came home and Tom and the kids put all the groceries away while I went and passed out.

At least I had the motivation to go get groceries, which is saying a whole LOT for me over the past several days. I couldn't get out of bed much less drive a car or push a grocery cart.

I think I'm on the mend, but I'm still having enough bladder pain that I'm going to go get my B&O supps today. I think if I can get one of those in I'll feel a whole lot better. I feel like I should be bright orange by now with all the pyridium I took recently!

BTW, my uro DID want to send me for a ct or mri, I don't remember which one, but I refused because I was just too sick to go sit in another waiting room. The deal was if things weren't getting better by the weekend I WAS going to be admitted. Thankfully it didn't come to that.

Just going to take it easy again today. Thanks everyone!
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Hi, Sandy! I am so happy to see you back! We have all been pretty worried about you! I am glad you got in to see your Uro. I hope that the abx start working soon and you get to feeling better. Those stones can be so painful! I hope that you get better soon.

Hugs,
      Amy

Comment

Sandy hope you continue to get better. Just sending you hugs.

HUGS, Trishann

Comment

Happy to see you back and you are feeling OK
          Minds are like parachutes-they ony function when they are open.
          -Thomas DeWar-

ICN Newbie Volunteer

*ICN Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Happy to hear you are feeling at least a little better
            Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
            *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
            *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
            *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Whew, happy to hear you are okay Sandy. I was worried about you too. I wont scold you for not going to the ER cause I refuse to go there. I havent ever thought about calling an ambulance. What do you tell them, that your pain is so bad you cant make it to the ER? Mine is really bad right now but I still wont go to the ER.
              I hope that you continue to mend. We miss ya around here. Hang in there.
              Sarah
              Current meds; , effexor 37.5 mg 2 times a day, and lyrica 100 mg 3 times a day, lots of reading and snuggling with the pets!

Comment

Sandy I'm glad to hear you are doing better.I was getting very worried. Thanks for keeping us posted as we are all family!
                Hugs Sandra
                "Never Give Up."

To view pictures of my creative interests and Maine Coon kittens click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My Photobucket Link:
                http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ramack_photos/

Comment

All your kind messages have really moved me. Thank you!

Sarah, I called an ambulance once when I had pyleonephritis sooooooo bad that my pain was like a 15 on a scale of 1-10. I was by myself, nobody around to help me, everyone was at work, and I couldn't take it anymore. I was too sick, with 3 kids at home, and just told the EMT's that I couldn't take the pain anymore and I had to have some help to get to the hospital. It was all true...they rolled me straight into an exam room where I stayed til they admitted me.
                  *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
                  *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
                  *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Working...
                  X