A New Flare Has Begun and I Need To Vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Flare Has Begun and I Need To Vent

After a couple weeks of modest relief my bladder woke me up about 6 am this morning to remind me I still have IC. My bladder feels like it has colony of fire ants crawling around inside of it. I have been peeing about every 20-30 minutes. Each time has been accompanied with excruciating ureathral stinging. Every time I think I might me turning the corner with this awful disease Old Man IC says otherwise. I have been sticking to the IC Diet better than ever and drinking plenty of water but I still get these major flares every couple weeks or so. This disease is soooooooo frustrating. I sure wish somebody would come up with a cure. I get so tired of this disease interfering with my life. I hate having to explain my condition over and over to family, friends, co-workers. Only a fellow ICer can understand what we go through. I'll probably go to see my uro tomorrow to see if this is a uti. I do seem get them once every couple of months or so. Mainly I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I hate my bladder. I hate IC.
    TexasHoney

Let's keep praying for a cure.
    IC Symptoms began in early 2001
    Divorced : Sept 2002 (Partly due to IC)
    Diagnosed with IC in April 2004
    Most recent injury - Rupurtured Left Achilles Tendon
    Wed Jan 28 2009
    (Ice Storm Accident)
    2nd Achilles Tendon Surgery - May 28, 2009 after re-injury on May 17
    Other Injuries
    Broken Left Ankle - July 2004 ( fell off ladder)
    Broken Left Ankle (Again) - May 2005 (car accident)
    Sprained Left Ankle - November 2006 ( fell off my aunts porch on Thanksgiving Day)

CURRENT MEDS
    Elmiron, Pyridium

I do hope you have an infection. At least that can be fixed.

Sending gentle hugs,
    Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Gosh, isn't that the truth? NOBODY can understand what we go through except us. No matter how much we explain to family and friends, there is still that "huh" look on their faces.
      When I read your post I identified with it immediately. I had this sense of despair that I am certain you must have felt when you woke up and realized you were in a flare.
      I'm so sorry. Yet again though I have to say, Thank God for this forum!
      http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

PLease get check, and I hope you feel better really soon.

Comment

someone would approve some sort of 'novacaine' pill or injection that would totally numb the bladder for a whole day. The 'idea' came to me (as I'm sure thousands have thought of the same thing!) as I have been having alot of dental work lately and getting shots of novacaine into my gums. The stuff deadens the whole area for about 5 hours (depending on how much work they do) and although it's not great to look at, you sure feel no pain and have a break from the aching and throbbing! At this point, if I could inject my bladder with some type of numbing medicine, I would not care in the least that I would need to wear a diaper. I wear pads anyway when in a flare because it feels so much better to be able to 'push' out even a trickle of urine. So desperate, but why not? I made a big mistake this morning....o.k....I knew it was waaaay wrong, and ate 1/2 a banana....yes I know..all that potassium! I, of course, have a big flare now and must go upstairs to do my home instill. Sometimes, I just get tired of so many restrictions, but regret so very much when I 'fall off the wagon'. Anyway, I know having novacaine injected to numb the whole bladder and urethra is not a solution, but I just want a BREAK!!!!! The instillations I have work great, but the pain NEVER goes away. I am at a point now where I know I need twice the amount of pain medications I am currently taking. TOLERANCE has reared it's ugly, ugly head! I can remember way back when taking one Lortab would stop the pain for hours. Now, even two Lortabs barely make me comfortable enough to do laundry, etc.. I'm so sick of being sick. I see my new pain mgt doctor on the 19th, but know I need to ask to be worked in sooner because I'm going to run out of meds. Is there some way to help the pain meds work better? I'm at a loss because lately, I look at the tablets and wonder why they are not working! So distressed, I'm getting real depressed because I can't do the things I need to do for my family. I have Fibro, so I wake up each morning feeling like I've been beaten up. It's so hard to get out of bed and my body is sooo stiff. My hubby has especially worked on getting our hot tub running, so I can sit in it to relieve the aches and pains. The problem is that he has to add chemicals to keep the water bacteria-free, so I can't get in. He offered to drain it and put in fresh water, but I'm afraid of that too, because of the possibility of one of the jets forcing water up into my urethra. I'm so discouraged and feel useless to everyone. I'm crying right now and don't feel very hopeful today. I just want a good night's sleep and to be able to do everyday things for me and my family. It's weird, I see commercials on T.V. of women worrying that their broom is not picking up all the dust underneath their table. How terrible! I have dog hair dust balls in all corners of my den and can't use my new (supposed to be lighter an easier) vacuum cleaner because it hurts to move, then it doesn't clean well and I get all upset. Maybe I need an antidepressant....but I don't want to be groggy headed, I want energy!!!! Thanks for letting me vent and ramble....that's the only thing I do well. My hands are cramping up, so I need to go...I hope everyone has a good day.

Danita
          Dani

-Bladder surgery to correct reflux-'68
          -Terribly painful periods, [email protected] 13 (most likely due to endometriosis, no dx then)
          -4 gyn surgeries since 2003 to remove cysts, ovaries, endometriosis and uterus
          -DX'd w/I.C. before 3rd gyn surgery, but sure I've had it since childhood
          -Gastrointestinal allergies to nuts and shellfish - {I would like to know if there is some connection of gastro allergies to I.C.?}
          PTSD (sexual abuse by teenage boy when I was 4 and s. abuse by adult male who was friend of my Dad's - my parents still don't know)
          -DX'd with IBS in 2000
          -Rhabdomyolysis in 2001 (has not returned)
          -DX'd with Eosinophilic Esophagitis (Asthma of the Esophagus) 3/07
          -DX'd with TMJ in 2000-wear splint
          -Hydrodistention and Cystoscopy w/ biopsy of tissue in bladder-2003
          -DX'd with Epilepsy -2000
          -SSS (Selective Sound Sensitivity)-wear earplugs most of the time to screen out certain noises
          -DX'd with Fibromyalgia (2006)

Medications:MS [email protected],Hydrocodone-10/650:up to 4day,Levothyroxine,Soma,Clonazepam,Vesicare,Keppra (anti-seizure),Flovent FHA 220mcg (swallowed for E.E.),Elmiron,Instillations-5+per week for flares,Lidocaine,Cysta-Q,Prelief, Dulcolax,Baby Aspirin(for FM),God blessed me w/2 boys: Devin-14 and Logan-9, Jim, my husband of 18+ years who sort of understands what I.C. is...still working on educating him!, my springer spaniel "Wookie" ('cause he makes sounds like 'Chewbacca' from "Star Wars" when my son plays with him) and the most important 'medicine' of all...PRAYER...because ONLY God knows the answer to why we are all going through this awful I.C.!

Comment

Hey All,

I LOVE the novicaine idea. I, too have been in a flare up all day/ night/ yesterday it is driving me crazy. I didnt manage to get to sleep at all until 7 am this morning and I woke up at 9 with MAJOR burning pain. I totally sympathize with you.

Ellen

Comment

I can so relate to your post Danita.

I just read in your siggie that you are wondering if there is a connection B/W allergies and IC? My doctor said especially since I went into a months long flare when the weather changed during the fall, he is sure there is an allergic connection to my IC. So it is definitely something to look into. I was in pretty good shape all summer and as soon as the weather change hit, that day I flared and it hasn't gone away since.

Comment

allergy triggering IC

You know, it's funny you should mention that. my uro told me that my allergies and the IC are probably related, and even my eye doctor told me that there is some condition in my eyes that is related to what's going on below. I was surprising that he would even know anything about IC, but there you have it. If only he had that Novacaine answer, eh?
                Hugs to all,
                dianna

Comment

Hi Dianna,

Do you know what the condition in your eyes is?

Isn't it amazing how many of these things are connected, and we have in common?

Take care,
                  Moonheart

Comment

I don't know if it's all the meds I'm taking or Fibromyalgia, but my memory fails me, I'm sorry, I don't remember. But I'm going to see him on Friday, and if I remember I'll ask him and let you know. You're right, it's amazing how our bodies are so complex!
                    dianna

Comment

Working...
                    X