omg omg omg PAIN!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omg omg omg PAIN!!!!!

I HATE THIS DISEASE!!! I've been feeling great for a while now and all of a sudden I woke up this morning.... peed and then BAM the pain hit! I shouldnt have come to work feeling like this! I cant function. My pain meds havent kicked in yet but all I wanna do is cry right now. I hate this **** disease! I wonder why, why me?? I'm trying to stay positive right now and pray that I start to feel a little better otherwise I'm headed home!

Rach
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 03-06-2007, 02:26 AM.
    ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

I was just about to post the same thing...doing good doing good, the WHAM I woke up felt the flare comming on and like a moron, im sitting here at work. My coworkers are wispering about me and I don't even care. They dont know. I can sympothize petrie!

Erika
    IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
    Interstim Since 5/25/07!
    Birth Control

Comment

Erika,

It's so embarrissing, I have to walk right by my boss's office to go to the bathroom. He gives me looks everytime I go by!! Dont you wish you could be home snuggled in bed with the heating pad?? I told my bf we should install a tv in the bathroom so I could just sit there all day and watch tv! I'm sorry your feeling bad too. We should just go home!!!
      ***Rachel***

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

I think it would be a good idea to be checked for infection. Sudden onset right after urinating makes it sound like a possibility.

Warm healing thoughts,
        Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I was about to suggest the same thing, Donna. Do get checked to see if you have a UTI as soon as you can.
          Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
          http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
          http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I called my uro's office to get checked and to see if they help me more. I was treated terribly and now they make feel like I AM CRAZY! Between my coworkes and the stupid receptionist at the office Im really having a bad day! Its my own fault. I should have stayed home. To tell you the truth, Im quite content to let the infection brew until I see my uro next thursday so I can tell him why I didn't come in. Gezzz these people are susposed to be helping us!!

Erika

Current Treatments:
            Interstim Since 5/25/07!
            Birth Control

Comment

I think every boss on the planet ought to live with IC for just ONE day. I'm not wishing anything worse on them, just one day living like we do....Up, peeing every 10 minutes and when we get to the bathroom half the time we just dribble, so we have to come back 10 minutes later to dribble some more...then there's the pain that nobody but an actual IC patient can understand. Arrrrrrrrrgh...

I'm sorry you're having such a bad day. I hope you feel better soon, and next time you walk past your boss's desk, smile and wave on your way to the potty!
              *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
              *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
              *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

I like that Sandy! Its my coworkers who are truly mean, they stare at me everytime I walk by...Instead of waving I was thinking more of a one fingered gesture that truly describes how I feel! Karma will get them...

Erika

Current Treatments:
                Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                Birth Control

Comment

I agree with Erika! I would love to give them the finger... haha I ended up going home for the day. I definitly know it was a uti./ I had some anitbiotics at home so I took them. I have to call the uro today to see if they can call in a script of meds for me. I was just there last week! Plus I couldnt get an appt yesterday. so much for helping me huh? not to mention my bf just gave me the worst cold ever!!!! i should have eaten something before I took that levaquin b.c now i'm naustious! (gag) gross!!!!
                  ***Rachel***

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

I went to the uro this morning. Was there for an hour and a half! I ended up having to be straight cathed to get a sample. It was totally ok thought! I saw a different uro than normal, and I gotta tell you he had the magic touch! I felt it going in-NO PINCH! Then comming out the pinch was only enough so I noticed it! It was fantastic. I was given a month of Ditropan samples! Another plus! No co-pay for the scripts! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
                    Then I strolled into work an hour and a half late with a big fat smile on my face! Its been a great day..No infection either! how are you feeling petrie?

Erika

Current Treatments:
                    Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                    Birth Control

Comment

When i get flares drinking LOTS of ice cold water really helps. Maybe try that?

Comment

Erika,

I'm doing okay... better i guess. I'm glad your having a good day!!!! I hope you continue to feel better. I've been chunging water for 2 days now. Thanks for caring everyone.
                        ***Rachel***

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

Rachel, it will pass. Sometimes i take the cold water bottle and just put it right on my crotch when it is bad!

Comment

I am so sorry that your co-workers are so mean to you. I have been lucky to have co-workers that understand, but my boss at this time is sometimes understanding and other times not. He isn't here most of the time, so he just expects me to be here...period. Luckily, I am not in the same place I was before my implant, or I would be looking for another job. I tried staying home, and just went nuts. But a day here and there with my heating pad and my dog in bed does sound good!

I had a sudden onset of pain over the weekend. I went by my uro on the way to work on Monday and gave a urine sample. They called me and told me that I did have an infection and called in some antibiotics. It is just really strange. I haven't had UTIs in years and now all of the sudden I have had 3 in the last 5 months. I am using the B & O supp and am being very careful on the cleanliness and all, but it's the only thing I can think of. I am not going to give up on my B & O supp since they have definitely helped with my pain level without me having to increase my pain meds. I want to stay on Lortab since everything else I have tried has not worked or had bad side effects. I was using the lidocaine jet gels directly into my uretha, but I don't have anymore of those for more than 3 weeks, so that one is crossed off my list. That is another problem. I can't find a pharmacy that will fill my lidocaine jets anymore. I have used Walmart, Walgreens, Rite-Aid and Super D. I have been told that their supplier no longer carries them or that they are too expensive to order. My insurance pays for them. Walmart is who told me that, so I guess I need to go by there for a better explanation and also call my insurance company. My doctor gave me the lidocaine gel to applywith a q-tip, but I need it in my bladder.

Has anyone else seen an increase in UTIs that are using B&O supp?

Comment

I loved what you said Sandy. I don't wish any harm on anybody. But my boss to in the beginning gave me such a hard time about the bathroom issue. He would on purpose look for me and I have times wanted to tell him to "Get Lost" (not actually those words) I would love for him to walk in my shoes for one day! I work full time, take care of my 2 daughters. Every Saturday I clean my house and it took me 5 hours as I had no energy in the beginning. Make dinner for my family and do the laundry. As bad as I felt I never called in sick. I dragged myself into work. Looking like ****! And he thought I was doing it for attention. I am like you have to be kidding me. I can hardly walk and I have no reason to be in the bathroom 20 times a day. I asked him if I could go on disability. He said NO! He really thouht it was in my head and I was having some sort of mid life crisis! Now after 6 months I do feel better and I know god really only puts you through so much you can handle! Anyway I hope everyone feels better and I am sending positive thoughts! Nazareen

Comment

Working...
                              X