No Idea What To Do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Idea What To Do!

I posted last night about flare or infection. This morning I bought the Azo UTI test strips. When I went to do it, my period had (finally) started, day 32! Anyway, I did it anyway and I thought the WBC did look positive. Then I read that it can be positive if there is menstrual blood. I am just barely bleeding as my period just started. The nitrates was negative.

I think that the same issues with having you period and testing for a UTI can be a problem if you get tested in the dr. office. I know that even certain bacteria can be higher as contaminants when you menstruating.

So... do I wait until my period is over which could be 6 days OR go to the dr. today and give a urine sample and risk a false positve?
    Diagnosed with IC 6/05
    Developed Vulvar Pain 8/09

Medications I am on:
    Elavil 25mg at bedtime

I would only use those strips if you have a clean tampon in and have washed your urethral area very well with soap and water. Dry with a clean towel. Then try it again. If you are using pads only then you should go to your doctors office for a culture of your urine.

Hope this helps.

Sandy
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

If It Were Me

If it were me...I would want to get the Antiboticis...in me...ASAP.

So I would go.
      Quit ELMIRON due to hair loss
      Cystoprotek ROCKS!

find me on FACEBOOK -
      search my email [email protected]

Current Meds:
      AM Cystoprotek & ATARAX 50mg
      Dinner CYSTOPROTEK
      PM Elavil 25mg

Comment

I think to be safe I would call the Dr. nEver hurts to be to cautious

Comment

Think I am going to put in a tampon, wash well and then go over to the dr. and give a urine sample.

Can't hurt to try and I doubt I have an infection anyway, I think it is a bad PMS flare, or at least I hope!
          Diagnosed with IC 6/05

Medications I am on:
          Elavil 25mg at bedtime

Comment

Just an update. Did go to dr. Gave a urine sample. Used a tampon so I don't think much in the way of menstrual blood got into the urine. They said the dr. would call if the Urinary Analysis was positive and I didn't hear so I am sure it was negative. I asked that even if it was negative to please send my urine to the lab to be cultured just to be sure.
            Guess I won't hear for a couple of days about the results.
            Now that my period has started the intense intense pressure has lessened some, though I still feel pressure and all that.

I think when my estrogen drops (isn't that what happens before ones period) I feel worse. I don't know what I will do when I go into menopause, in about 10 years, I am turning 40 next month, so I guess perimenopause is going to come on soon. I will never take Hormone Replacement Therapy as my mom had estrogen receptive breast cancer and so low estrogen is probably good for my breasts, but I sense bad for my IC...
            Diagnosed with IC 6/05

Medications I am on:
            Elavil 25mg at bedtime

Comment

Working...
            X