Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peaceplease
    replied
    Just an update. Did go to dr. Gave a urine sample. Used a tampon so I don't think much in the way of menstrual blood got into the urine. They said the dr. would call if the Urinary Analysis was positive and I didn't hear so I am sure it was negative. I asked that even if it was negative to please send my urine to the lab to be cultured just to be sure.
    Guess I won't hear for a couple of days about the results.
    Now that my period has started the intense intense pressure has lessened some, though I still feel pressure and all that.

I think when my estrogen drops (isn't that what happens before ones period) I feel worse. I don't know what I will do when I go into menopause, in about 10 years, I am turning 40 next month, so I guess perimenopause is going to come on soon. I will never take Hormone Replacement Therapy as my mom had estrogen receptive breast cancer and so low estrogen is probably good for my breasts, but I sense bad for my IC...

Leave a comment:

• peaceplease
    replied
    Think I am going to put in a tampon, wash well and then go over to the dr. and give a urine sample.

Can't hurt to try and I doubt I have an infection anyway, I think it is a bad PMS flare, or at least I hope!

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    I think to be safe I would call the Dr. nEver hurts to be to cautious

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    replied
    If It Were Me

If it were me...I would want to get the Antiboticis...in me...ASAP.

So I would go.

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    I would only use those strips if you have a clean tampon in and have washed your urethral area very well with soap and water. Dry with a clean towel. Then try it again. If you are using pads only then you should go to your doctors office for a culture of your urine.

Hope this helps.

Sandy

Leave a comment:

• peaceplease
    started a topic No Idea What To Do!

No Idea What To Do!

I posted last night about flare or infection. This morning I bought the Azo UTI test strips. When I went to do it, my period had (finally) started, day 32! Anyway, I did it anyway and I thought the WBC did look positive. Then I read that it can be positive if there is menstrual blood. I am just barely bleeding as my period just started. The nitrates was negative.

I think that the same issues with having you period and testing for a UTI can be a problem if you get tested in the dr. office. I know that even certain bacteria can be higher as contaminants when you menstruating.

So... do I wait until my period is over which could be 6 days OR go to the dr. today and give a urine sample and risk a false positve?
Working...
X