Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've crossed into the 'freaked out' zone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've crossed into the 'freaked out' zone!

This is the worst flare I've had in FOUR YEARS! I'm freaking out...panicking that I'm back to the beginning of this again. Significantly increased frequency, lots of pressure, burning, etc.

I had a confirmed UTI about a week and a half ago and had seven days of levequin (that I finished on Thur. or Friday). I was feeling better and then in the last day or two have spiraled downward dramatically. My UTI dip stick showed no nitrates (which is what I had last time), but my WBC were off the chart!

I'm calling for a culture as soon as I get the pyridium out of my system this afternoon. Of course, I desperately want it to be an infection that hasn't cleared, but I'm guessing it's just a really bad flare.

I HATE THIS! I HATE THIS! I HATE THIS!!!!! I was in remission for years and now I'm falling apart.
    mom_in_ma

hugs mom, I hope it is an infection too.. thats what I was thinking.. msybe a round of Cipro or macrobid... feel better
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Thanks tigger-gal,
      Just talked to the doctor and unfortunately, I can't get a urine culture until the morning as the lab is closed on Sunday. So, I'll call the uro bright and early tomorrow. It's probably better that I talk to my uro anyway.

Sadly, I really do think it's just a bad flare brought on by the last UTI.
      mom_in_ma

Comment

My nitrates are always negative even when I have a huge infection. Those dipstick tests are worthless if you ask me. They are not accurate at all when diagnosing a UTI. They are good for checking for protein and such though.
        Jen

Comment

Working...
        X