Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help? Have I made myself sick or is it IC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amartaingirl
    replied
    Fmla

I think all companies have to provide FMLA
    I know I don't need an excuse..Can take off some 1000 hours a year or so
    unpaid of course

lucky..i havent called off since 10/11/2006!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Wow, that is very interesting about the FMLA. My hubby is a school teacher. I was wondering, does this FMLA only cover my hubby if he is the one who is sick?? Like for instance if we decided to travel somewhere out of state to get help for me, could he use this FMLA to secure his job even though he is not the one who is sick, I am. I am sure if he could even apply for the FMLA. He works for the Chicago Public School board. Does this FMLA apply to everyone or all teachers in any state?
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Congrats on your Award!

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    It's sounds like you have a possible kidney infection or bladder infection. With the back pain and fever and all. I hope you went to the doctor. Please let us know you are okay!

Hugs,
    Moonheart

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    You didn't mention how high your fever is. It's very possible you have an infection --- definitely if your temp goes as high as 102, you need attention.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    FMLA is Family Medical Leave Act, it's a federal law. Your doctor fills out the paperwork and they can't fire you and you don't have to provide a doctor's note at all after the FMLA has been approved. I used it when I had my son to go to my prenatal appts and my maternity leave. I'm going to apply for it at my job once I've been there a year, that's how long you have to be employed by a place before you can apply.

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Just wanted to send you some healing thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• wingirl1999
    replied
    What does FMLA stand for? So basically you still get docked pay if you don't have any sick days, but you can't lose your job because of it?

Leave a comment:

• wingirl1999
    replied
    We don't have unions in our state that I know of...which is probably part of the reason why we are last or next to last in everything regarding education. (I'm from SC) My principal is pretty supportive but he said that at the district office they may realize how many days I'm missing and send me a letter of reprimand. The stress of teaching does not help, as you well know. As for an infection, it could be I suppose, but it feels more like IC (pain, but no burning). But I know infections don't always act "normally."

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Hi Wingirl,
    Sorry, but I think you need to go to the doctor or ER, sounds like you may have an infection...

About the teaching & sick days... Do you have a teachers' union? I don't think you should have to provide doctors note unless you miss more than 3-5 days at a time... I'd check with your union (and you may want to even call your union office directly if your school rep isn't helpful) before providing the school or district with anything that could be used against you. My principal initially was very supportive about my IC, but when I wanted a promotion used it against me. (And yes, that's illegal, but if you are staying at the job, you have very tough choices to make & filing a grievance was not in my best interest).

Sending a hug & wishing you better days soon.
    PM me if you need anything. I've been a teacher for 16 years, 3-1/2 with IC.

Leave a comment:

• wingirl1999
    started a topic Help? Have I made myself sick or is it IC?

Help? Have I made myself sick or is it IC?

Okay...I have either made myself sick or it's my IC flaring or both. I haven't gotten much sleep for two weeks and I've also been flaring for several days. I felt like I was burning up last night but refused to check my fever (didn't want to believe I had one when I wasn't "truly sick" as in the flu or something). Well I just checked it and I do have a fever. I've had a lot of pelvic pain yesterday and today in particular and lower back pain as well. Can IC cause a fever? I truly think it's that plus the exhaustion. Also, are any of you able to get a sort of general "excuse" from your Uro saying you may have to miss work due to the IC even if you don't actually go to the doctor? We all know that going to the doctor every time we flare doesn't really help. But my school district requires excuses and if you don't have them and use a bunch of sick days, you get reprimanded. Anyway, this is the first time I've felt like I had a fever with mine. I was wondering if any of your Uros do "checkup" cystoscopies after the first one or two that they use for diagnosis? I think I may need another one because I feel like mine has actually gotten worse. I also have Hunner's ulcers which doesn't help. Ugh...just feel like crying...I hate these days.
Working...
X