Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vm
    replied
    When I began adding back in trigger foods I would go right back to the bland diet again if I flared. I had to take it very slow and not overdo the trigger foods in the beginning or I would flare.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'd have to agree that it would be a good idea to get back on the diet. Then when you feel better, you can try some of the "bad" foods and drinks, one at a time in small amounts.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Hi there.
    Well, I would probably stick with the IC diet indefinitely. They say that IC never goes away, just that it can get better with meds, and diet.
    For me, I cant relate to the flare thing. I dont have flares because I am always in pain all the time since getting this. I dont have to many periods of relief. I do get like a day or so inbetween where I maybe feel less pain, but for the most part I dont get relief.
    I wonder if everyone gets just flares or are the people like me who are alwaya in pain with this no matter what.
    Anyways, I would go back to the diet and stay with it, especially if it was helping you before.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• kmaot
    started a topic No symptoms for 4 mos...in a flare...Elmiron patient

No symptoms for 4 mos...in a flare...Elmiron patient

Hello. I was diagnosed perhaps 2 years ago. I have been on Elmiron for about a year with diet modificiations and I have been one of the lucky ones with only occasional flares. Flares that used to last a month lasted only a few days.

I was TOTALLY symptom free for 4 mos. I have been flaring on and off for a week and now am in a flare.

OF course, I was pushing the limits. A coffee here and there. Diet cola. You name it.

QUESTION - has anyone got insights as to whether this flare will last? Do I need to go back to the simple IC diet? Will that offer relief?

Is that normal?
Working...
X