Is this REALLY a flare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this REALLY a flare?

So about 2 weeks back, I got a pretty bad yeast infection. Took Diflucan. Felt great for 3-4 days. Then most of the symptoms came back (minus the vaginal itching). Thought it was a flare. Then I got bad right flank pain. Went to my normal doctor, she did a dip and culture. Said the dip had blood, protien, white bloodcells, and bilirubin. Culture showed nothing so I didn't take the antibiotics. The pain got worse and I got new pain on the upper right area of my abdoman. Like right under the ribs (not below, under). Went to the urologist. He took more urine and dipped it. Said there was protien, white blood cells (less than before), and bilirubin. He thumped around my back and stomach (it hurt when he hit my right flank and right upper portion of my stomach). He said it was just a flare (and it was good that I waited to see the results of the first culture, so I didn't take unneed antibiotics).

Well now, added to my flank and abdominal pain, I have: severe nausea, vomiting, dioreah, I have a little bit of an issue voiding (I have trouble starting), and and the pain in my abdoman is worse.

I had my appendix and gallbladder taken out (so that rules out those 2 things). I have GI issues (acid/bile reflux) and am taking a very high dose of omeprozole/sodium bicarb. (40mg 2x day) which could be causing this for all I know.

Does anyone have ANY idea if this is a flare or not? I have never had a flare like this before.

Thanks.

Medical "Issues":
    IC
    GERD
    Tachycardia(resting rate is 125-130 )
    Medicastions:
    Tramadol-as needed (IC)-50mg
    Elmiron 200mg twice a day
    Levsin .125mg 1-2 pills 4 times a day

I had a flare like that last month. They found protein in my urine but no infection. I had so much pain in my middle right side of my back and then it crossed over to the front and then the groin area. I also couldn't get my pee started in the mornings. I was sure I had a kidney stone or something, but everything came back negative. Uro said it was just a flare and that a lot of her IC patients are having those same symptoms. Mine did start out with a yeast infection also. Weird! Hope you feel better soon. It took me about 2wks to get back to "normal".
    Leah

Comment

Working...
    X