Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Please get in touch with your doctor --- also have you been checked to be sure you don't have an infection?

Donna

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Morphine does not phase me.. The doctor gave me a strong dose after my hydro/cysto and I laughed at them, because the pain was still there. So I guess some people just react differantly to differant kinds of medicines..

As for the retention it is a possibility that the pain meds are causing this, or it could be your pelvic muscles have tightened up. That could also be cause you the pain and retention..I would ask your doctor about PFD..
    I hope you start feeling better soon..((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Leave a comment:

• Kara Isabel
    replied
    The Morphine doesn't cause me retention, but it may be causing you some? Perhaps you should even ask to try a different pain med if you think the morphine is the cause?

I hope you find relief SOON.

Hugs,
    Kara

Leave a comment:

• sweetangel2080
    replied
    could the pain relief tablets be causing your urinary retention?
    I know when I take ultram, it is harder to get things going and unless I drink a lot, have not much output at all but the ultram helps the pain so put up with it when things are really bad.

Are things any better yet? if not, I would think about going to ER or asking your doctor - not sure about the times in the US but I guess everything would be closed during Easter weekend? but there are always out of hours doctors etc? It could be the retention perhaps causing this?

I know how you feel, was awake until 4am this morning flaring too...hope you feel better soon!

Leave a comment:

• Kara Isabel
    replied
    The 15 mg Morphine didnt' do ANYTHING for me, I have intense pain on those and one a day is a really LOW dose.

I got the most relief off of FOUR 30mg a day, with my 6 Norco for breakthrough, but they just cut me back to 3 15 mg and my bladder is going BESERK.

Perhaps you can ask your doctor to adjust your dose up to the 30's and give that a shot?

I'm really sorry you are hurting I hope you find relief soon.

Hugs,
    Kara

Leave a comment:

• LeeAnn
    started a topic morphine not helping!

morphine not helping!

Hey guys I'm in an awful flare and have been for three weeks +. It's 3:15 am and I can't sleep b/c of the pain.

I'm supposed to take one 15 mg Morphine at night (that's what was prescribed).

I took one around 10 pm and by midnight could not feel a difference. SO I took another one.

Still no relief so around 2:30am I woke up my hubby and asked him what to do (he's an RN). He told me to take my Percocet and he rolled back over (ha ha).

So I did.

Still no relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what I don't understand is that the pain is even worse when I lay down. Sitting or standing is more tolerable than lying down. Problem is, I can't fall asleep sitting straight up. Does anyone else notice this?

I'm even using my heating pad on full blast and I can still feel my bladder and it's telling me I have to pee constantly.

Usually I get at least 5 min of relief after peeing but I am getting no relief whatsoever! I'm miserable.

The weird thing (or I guess not so weird since I do have IC) is that I feel like I have a lot in there but when I go it just dribbles out and I'm straining pretty hard to even get that dribble out. For some reason I seem to be retaining urine. What gives??? I hardly ever have this urinary retention thing.

I just increased my neurontin dose from 100mg 3x/day to 300mg 3x/day. Could this be it? I don't see urinary retention listed as a side effect though.

Any suggestions for this particular problem?
Working...
X