Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chills and cold sweats, what could cause this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chills and cold sweats, what could cause this??

Hey Gals.
    Last night I had the chills and cold sweats all night. I also felt my bladder was in worse pain. I wonder if this could be another UTI. I had one a little over a month ago that was found on a culture. Then I had my second intsill not this past week, but the week before and swore I got a UTI from it so I called my urogyne on a Sunday and she prescribed to me anti-B's for 5 days. I finished them just this past Friday. Well, last night my bladder felt alot worse again. Then I started getting the chills and cold sweats. This happened to me before, I think when I had an infection.
    Could this be a new infection or could it be the same one but it just did not go away? I cant figure what could be causing all these infections if it is an actual infection. It is hard to compare when I have a UTI or if it is IC since I get alot of pain with the IC as it is. The only thing that sends up a red flag is the chills and cold sweats I got. I mean I thought maybe it is female related also(the chills and cold sweats), but I am only 32 so I dont think it is menopause. I also have a dischage from the vagina, but no itch or burn there so I dont think it is a yeast infection either.
    I think I will call the nurse today since I cant harldy ever get hold of my urogyne. I am waiting to see a new urogyne, but dont see him till the 17th. I am not to happy with the one I see now. Have any of you ladies ever gotten these cold sweats and what caused them? I am worried. Also, is it normal for women with IC to get constant UTI's?
    Jen

Hummm...

I think it could be all of the above.

1.Infection never went away.
    2.New infection
    and/or
    3.YEAST!!!

I would go and checked out for sure. The chills are a sure sign of an infection for me but we are all different. I always get really bloated with yeast. I had an anual and after the culture they told me I had yeast but I didn't have itching/burning. I hope you feel better soon!

Erika
    IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
    Interstim Since 5/25/07!
    Birth Control

Comment

You definitely need to be checked --- and I suggest you specifically request that a culture be done to be certain you are on the correct antibiotic if you do have an infection.

Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Thanks Erika and Donna.
        Oh I am sooo mad right now I could scream. I just called my doctor and talked to the nurse. I told her my symptoms and she asked if I had a fever and I said no, just the chills and sweats. She then said, "Oh you dont likely have any UTI then, since you have no fever." I told her that I never get a fever when I have a UTI, only chills and sweats.
        She then said, " oh jennifer we have done work up on you, and all your urinealysis's were fine. " I then had to tell her that the urinealysis's usually never pick up my infections. Only the culture will.
        She then said she would talk to the doctor and have someone get back to me. I am sick of these nurses trying to play doctor. Also, I am sick of having to have my messages relayed back and fourth between a bunch of nurses. I mean here I talked to this nurse and she tells me she will talk to the doctor and have the other nurse get back to me. What the heck is that all about. Talk about a miscommunication issue.
        The nurse even told me I should go to my regular doctor that I likely have a viral infection causing my chills. If I could of slapped her over the phone I would have. I dont have any viral infection. I have no other symptoms except for more bladder pain. I would think with a viral infection I would have other issues like body aches and pains or some other symptoms at least.
        I am so frustratd. Now I have no clue what to do if my urogyne wont even do a culture. Thank God I am getting a different opinion next week with a different doctor. I just pray he is better than this one.
        Thanks Ladies. I am just so frustrated.
        Jen

Comment

I had chills and cold sweats, mild fever with my severe symptoms of IC. It was only the IC.....

FyI

Colleen
          Diagnosed October 2006
          Medications
          Percocet
          Hydroxine
          Elmiron
          Monthly installations

Comment

I've had the chills and sweats at times after having the heparin done too. Figured it must be just from that because I never had a UTI either when that happened.

Comment

flu

could just be the flu
              i had it last week
              for 2 days
              Quit ELMIRON due to hair loss
              Cystoprotek ROCKS!

find me on FACEBOOK -
              search my email [email protected]

Current Meds:
              AM Cystoprotek & ATARAX 50mg
              Dinner CYSTOPROTEK
              PM Elavil 25mg

Comment

Definately needs to be checked out. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

I've had chills and cold sweats with withdrawals from Morphine and Oxycontin withdrawals.
                  http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

I dont think it is the flu as I have no body aches that would likely accompany the flu or any other symptoms for that matter except the bladder pain, chill, sweats.
                    The nurse said my dipstick test was normal so she does not think I have an infection, but will wait and see what the culture says.
                    Also, I am not even on any type of pain meds as my urogyne does not believe in them at all and says that anyone who takes them will become an addict. She obviously has no idea about pain or how it feels to have it constantly.
                    Jen

Comment

Working...
                    X