Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kadi
    replied
    Shoot. It was the cookies (Annie's Organic Bunny Grahams). Everything looked "safe" except the "natural flavorings", but since that was almost the last ingredient, I thought it would be ok. Wonder what it was that got me (twice!). Darn. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• mom_in_ma
    replied
    Kadi,
    Glad to hear you're feeling better. Take care of yourself!

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    gladyou are feeling better.. I was up with you here with a sick baby. too bad we didn't know we could have chated on the puter.

Leave a comment:

• JanL
    replied
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Who knows--this may turn out to be a real blessing since you seem to think that the slow gentle walking helps you. Hope you get a great nights sleep tonight.

Janice

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Thanks! I made it picketing from 6:45-10:45, then a rally from 11-12:30. I'm doing much better now. I think the slow walking actually helps my bladder. But, very very tired, so I'm making lunch, then I'll lie down for a few hours. Maybe a little gentle yoga & bath after that.

What has been awesome is how much the community is supporting us-- most parents kept their kids home, which is probably safest, since the district was only able to find 2 scab substitutes to cover the 125 teachers & aides at my school. Out of 2200 students, only about 50 came to school (and I think a lot of them sneaked out at break--bored, they're herded into the cafeteria & given magazines to read.) The substitutes unionized this year & they've been going to other districts for work & not crossing our picket lines. The city where I work has a lot of present & former union workers (lots of former farmworkers, teamsters & autoworkers), so there has been lots of honking & cheering for us. Every time I've walked with my picket from the shopping center to the district office, someone comes up & wishes us good luck. It helps. I'm still worried, how long will this take, etc. But, I do believe in this strike for this situation (very hostile work climate as well as salary issues), so I'm hanging in there.

Thanks for listening. I appreciate all the support right now!

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Gotta love informercials.... I too hope you are feeling better and fast - there is nothing worse than feeling like crud and not being able to sleep on top of it/because of it. I know it makes me feel that much worse... Let us know how the picketing goes for you - and I am with Donna, if you feel punky, don't feel bad on hightailing it home!!!

Hugs!!!!

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Hugs Kadi, hope things ease up for you.

I have to agree that Magic Bullet seems like a good kitchen tool.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    If you're still in pain, it should be okay for you to go back home to bed.

Sending healing thoughts,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    replied
    re

The Magic Bullet..and Proactiv solutions are my favorite informercials. You know... I bought them both!

Anyway...drink lots of water..

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Kadi,
    I am so sorry to hear that you are in such a bad flare. Not being able to sleep just always make mine worse. I will be thinking about you today and hope that you're picketing will go by quickly and before you know it you'll be back home in bed getting some rest.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    started a topic Flaring 3:57am

Flaring 3:57am

AAAAGGGHHH.
    I'm so frustrated - flaring. Could be from some new cookies I ate last night (though I didn't see any problem ingredients on the label) or from leaving the instillation meds in longer than usual (probably that one).

Whatever. It's 4am, I've had about 3 hours of sleep tonight & in an hour & a half I'm getting up to go picket outside my school since we're (teachers) still on strike. They want us picketing at our job sites for 9 hours (6:30am-3:45pm). That's not going to be me. I think 6:30am-12pm (picketing & lunchtime rally) will be plenty. This is very stressful, which is probably not helping my flare.

I took 2 Darvocets at 10pm & a Pyridium, am using a heating pad & electric blanket. Have done 2 crossword puzzles, listened to a bible study tape & worked on the workbook, answered my emails, eaten a bowl of cereal, watched a bunch of infomercials....

Now I'm going to go back to bed & listen to my cat snore. She, it seems, has no trouble sleeping.

Thanks for listening to my vent. (I know you all understand!)
Working...
X