Kidney pain as well? HELP PLEASE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidney pain as well? HELP PLEASE...

I think I am in hell. Seriously. This pain is unreal. On top of my regular IC pain, I now have this hot, stabbing pain in my right kidney. I do have a history of kidney stones (I have medullary sponge kidneys) but this doesn't feel like that either.

I've been in a real bad flare with my IC, so could that be why the pain is in my kidney as well? I know it is my kidney. It hurts under my ribs in the front and back, and feels "hot" to me as well.

God it hurts. Like I can't breathe. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I've never felt this before. I've had 25 kidney stones, so I know that pain quite well, and this feels different.
    I don't have an infection either, I just saw my doc a few days ago before this pain started and my urine came back clear.
    June 2000 - passed first kidney stone while 4 months pregnant with 1st daughter
    October 2000 - 2nd kidney stone, pre-term labour
    November 2000 - my beautiful baby girl is born! (emergency c-section)
    January 2001 - hospitalized for severe post-partum depression. Started on meds.
    February 2001 - diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis.
    March 2001 - diagnosed with medullary sponge kidneys
    2001- 2005 - numerous hospitalizations for kidney stones, depression/anxiety (up to 4 month stay at a time), thyroid troubles....
    2002 - 19 rounds of electro-convulsive therapy.
    2001 -2005 - every test known to mankind for "mystery pain" in pelvic region, hospitalizations
    March 2004- ovarian cyst removal surgery, appendectomy at the same time
    April 2004- hernia repair from previous surgery
    2000-2005 -more meds, tests and procedures than I can count. Over the course of 6 years had 3lithotripsies and passed 33 kidney stones.
    Sept 2005- pregnant with 2nd child
    Sept 2005 -June 2006 -pre-term labour from kidney stones. Held on until 36 weeks, gave birth to beautiful baby girl via emergency c-section
    April 2006 -HORRIBLE pelvic pain starts....24/7
    June 2006 -during c-section, surgical "stuff" found inside abdomen from previous hernia repair in 2004December 2006 -cystoscopy, diagnosed with IC
    May 2007 - 2nd cystoscopy with fulgeration
    June 2007 -diagnosed with SVT
    July 2007- diagnosed with asthma
    August 2007 -diagnosed with fibromyalgia and vulvodynia
    February - April 2008- Instillations of heparin/sodium bicarb/ lidocaine 3 times a week. No improvement. Continuing Elmiron therapy.
    July 2008 - ureteroscopy scheduled to smash "hundreds" of bilateral stones. Surgery failed. Dr. does another hydrodistention to get his first look at my bladder. Findings "catastrophic". Hunners ulcers found "everywhere."
    July 2008 - Awaiting interstim; ablation of AV node in heart (for SVT); appt. with therapist for PFD and appt. with endocrinologist for ongoing thyroid issues.

I have pain in my kidneys also. Right inder my ribs & in my back. It really hurts when I first go to the bathroom in the morning. I guess it may be a part of IC. My doctor says he thinks it is referred pain, But I am not so sure. I ask the board the other day, but only got one response that they had kidney pain. I had an IVP and no stones. My pain started in my kidneys about 6 months ago. I was dx with IC in JAN 07. If you find out anything let me know.

Thank
    Meds on now:

dextro 10mg

5000mg Vitamin D- when tested, I was sooo low.
    Compound Hormones- Had hysterectomy when 24, ovaries out 37

At night:

4mg Zanaflex- Fibro & PFD
    plendil- Raynalds

I have Fibro, IC, IBS, PFD, Raynauds.

Tried:

Past Meds
    Lexpro- changed to Cymbalta for better pain relief –off both
    Ultram – three times a day. Helped , I was tired of always being so tired.
    Elmiron-took for a year-
    Topamax-Did not need anymore since on dextro.
    Atarax- did not need anymore

Pictures: Hubby & Me, Ozzy, My three Sons!!
    What a proud Mother I am!!

Comment

Thanks for your reply. If this keeps up, I am going to the ER tonight, I can't take this anymore.

At my last ultrasound I had 4 stones in my left kidney and 6 stones in my right kidney. Of course, the docs always tell me that, "stones in the kidney don't hurt." This is BS.

I don't know if this is stone pain or not. If it is, it feels different than any other stone I've had.

My IC has been especially bad recently, I have to pee every 15 minutes, yet there is next to no pee. And my bladder is on fire. I just don't know if the increase in my IC symptoms is causing this kidney pain, or if some kidney issue is compounding my IC.

Anhow, I will let you know what I find out. I absolutely HATE the ER because I seem to spend my life there. I used to go whenever the pain was "bad". Now I only go if it is excruciating because I hate the place. However, this is beyond excruciating. Sigh. It never ends!!
      June 2000 - passed first kidney stone while 4 months pregnant with 1st daughter
      October 2000 - 2nd kidney stone, pre-term labour
      November 2000 - my beautiful baby girl is born! (emergency c-section)
      January 2001 - hospitalized for severe post-partum depression. Started on meds.
      February 2001 - diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis.
      March 2001 - diagnosed with medullary sponge kidneys
      2001- 2005 - numerous hospitalizations for kidney stones, depression/anxiety (up to 4 month stay at a time), thyroid troubles....
      2002 - 19 rounds of electro-convulsive therapy.
      2001 -2005 - every test known to mankind for "mystery pain" in pelvic region, hospitalizations
      March 2004- ovarian cyst removal surgery, appendectomy at the same time
      April 2004- hernia repair from previous surgery
      2000-2005 -more meds, tests and procedures than I can count. Over the course of 6 years had 3lithotripsies and passed 33 kidney stones.
      Sept 2005- pregnant with 2nd child
      Sept 2005 -June 2006 -pre-term labour from kidney stones. Held on until 36 weeks, gave birth to beautiful baby girl via emergency c-section
      April 2006 -HORRIBLE pelvic pain starts....24/7
      June 2006 -during c-section, surgical "stuff" found inside abdomen from previous hernia repair in 2004December 2006 -cystoscopy, diagnosed with IC
      May 2007 - 2nd cystoscopy with fulgeration
      June 2007 -diagnosed with SVT
      July 2007- diagnosed with asthma
      August 2007 -diagnosed with fibromyalgia and vulvodynia
      February - April 2008- Instillations of heparin/sodium bicarb/ lidocaine 3 times a week. No improvement. Continuing Elmiron therapy.
      July 2008 - ureteroscopy scheduled to smash "hundreds" of bilateral stones. Surgery failed. Dr. does another hydrodistention to get his first look at my bladder. Findings "catastrophic". Hunners ulcers found "everywhere."
      July 2008 - Awaiting interstim; ablation of AV node in heart (for SVT); appt. with therapist for PFD and appt. with endocrinologist for ongoing thyroid issues.

Comment

I do have referred pain in my kidneys sometimes, but it's usually not that severe. I had really bad kidney pain a few months ago and because I didn't want to go to the ER I left it untreated for several days. I finally got some antibiotics from my Uro and I felt better after a few days, but kidney pain that severe should definately be treated, sooner rather than later. Let us know how things turn out.

Sandy
        *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
        *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
        *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Working...
        X