Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SandyRN
    replied
    I do have referred pain in my kidneys sometimes, but it's usually not that severe. I had really bad kidney pain a few months ago and because I didn't want to go to the ER I left it untreated for several days. I finally got some antibiotics from my Uro and I felt better after a few days, but kidney pain that severe should definately be treated, sooner rather than later. Let us know how things turn out.

Sandy

Leave a comment:

• KstoneQueen
    replied
    Thanks for your reply. If this keeps up, I am going to the ER tonight, I can't take this anymore.

At my last ultrasound I had 4 stones in my left kidney and 6 stones in my right kidney. Of course, the docs always tell me that, "stones in the kidney don't hurt." This is BS.

I don't know if this is stone pain or not. If it is, it feels different than any other stone I've had.

My IC has been especially bad recently, I have to pee every 15 minutes, yet there is next to no pee. And my bladder is on fire. I just don't know if the increase in my IC symptoms is causing this kidney pain, or if some kidney issue is compounding my IC.

Anhow, I will let you know what I find out. I absolutely HATE the ER because I seem to spend my life there. I used to go whenever the pain was "bad". Now I only go if it is excruciating because I hate the place. However, this is beyond excruciating. Sigh. It never ends!!

Leave a comment:

• ngazerro
    replied
    I have pain in my kidneys also. Right inder my ribs & in my back. It really hurts when I first go to the bathroom in the morning. I guess it may be a part of IC. My doctor says he thinks it is referred pain, But I am not so sure. I ask the board the other day, but only got one response that they had kidney pain. I had an IVP and no stones. My pain started in my kidneys about 6 months ago. I was dx with IC in JAN 07. If you find out anything let me know.

Thank

Leave a comment:

• KstoneQueen
    started a topic Kidney pain as well? HELP PLEASE...

Kidney pain as well? HELP PLEASE...

I think I am in hell. Seriously. This pain is unreal. On top of my regular IC pain, I now have this hot, stabbing pain in my right kidney. I do have a history of kidney stones (I have medullary sponge kidneys) but this doesn't feel like that either.

I've been in a real bad flare with my IC, so could that be why the pain is in my kidney as well? I know it is my kidney. It hurts under my ribs in the front and back, and feels "hot" to me as well.

God it hurts. Like I can't breathe. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I've never felt this before. I've had 25 kidney stones, so I know that pain quite well, and this feels different.
    I don't have an infection either, I just saw my doc a few days ago before this pain started and my urine came back clear.
Working...
X