X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jen74
    replied
    Hi ithurtzz,
    I get this thicker whiteish discharge that I thought was BV since I had the same discharge once and my culture showed BV. But this time, the culture was normal so I have no clue what is causing the discharge, though I do notice I get it after my period ends.
    I also get the itching, but mine is usually on the outer vagina, on the vulva. I do also feel swollen to the touch and it is actually sore at times when I touch my vulva area. I would maybe see a dermatologist as they seem to be able to treat the skin better than a gyne. Maybe they could prescribe a light cortisone cream for you to help with the itching.
    I hope you get to feeling better soon.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• ithurtzz
    replied
    rectal itching

Jen- hope you are still here.....

What kind of symptoms do you get to make you think you have BV? I wonder bc i get strange symptoms as well AND i get itching and nobody seems to understand it. If i had to describe it, i would say my pelvic area itches on the INSIDE, not the outside and feels tight and swollen to the touch. When this happens, my behind also itches!I think it's just bc the area is inflamed. I put an ice pack on it and that seems to help but it is sooo frustrating!

Leave a comment:

• queenbean60
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestions. I know it's not yeast because I've taken a ton of diflucan and test negative for yeast.Could be a 'roid sometimes but not always. I don't know.
    What's the name of the powder? I use Zeasorb.

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    replied
    rectal itching is ussually hemorroids or yeast (or both).
    If its itchy in the vaginal area and rectal at the same time it may be yeast.

Before I forget, there's a podwer I use between my thigths that helps control moisture. It is sold in the same area as the vaginal creams. It is made by the same makers of Monistat but doesn't treat yeast.
    It helps to maintain things dry in that area. Very useful for hot and humid days, or longs days sitting in the office. I love it. I ussually apply it after I put my panties on. I wouldn't apply it to the vulva or vaginal area.
    Last edited by Angeles; 05-06-2007, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• queenbean60
    replied
    I also had a total hysterectomy but at 24. I have the same thing with no discharge and no odor or odd color other then the pyridium.

BTW, hate to bring up a gross subject, but does anyone else get the rectal itching with the vag infections and IC? I get it all the time and it drives me nuts. It's not yeast because I've used diflucan I can't tell you how many times and it's still there.

Leave a comment:

• queenbean60
    replied
    Baterial Vag Infections

I get them all the time too. I'm in Arizona but no moisture here and no pool.
    Last time doc gave me Clindamyacin cream which gave me horrible cramps and pain, but it seemed to work. Now I'm not sure if it's back or not though.
    Another med for it (the one you were thinking of with the "M") is Metrogel.

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    replied
    i get it too

bacterial vaginosis..i usually get it once a year

for me...its the hot climate down here in florida...
    sweat=damp panties=vaginosis

dont sit in a wet bathing suit either

they give me an vaginal cream. i think it began w/ a M
    but i dont remember now

Leave a comment:

• queenbean60
    replied
    Hi Roxie-
    I've been trying to post a reply to you for an hour now. Not sure why it's not posting.
    Thanks for the info. It makes sense to me about the aloe vera. I don't know anything about MSM other then it has anti-inflammatory properties but anything's worth a try.
    Thanks for your help!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    If you're getting the same bug over and over, it may be that you aren't totally getting rid of it when it's treated. I think you're wise to see your doctor to be certain of a diagnosis before trying to treat it.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! I take both Elmiron and Freeze dried Aloe Vera and haven't had any problems with either. I get the Aloe Vera from this website.....it's the Desert Harvest brand. I take 1 pill 3 times a day. We've bought this stuff from other online companies and the Desert Harvest is the best deal for your money.
    The MSM gel I get a www.jacoblab.com and it's around $21 plus tax. I started out using it 3 times a day but no only use it once a day for maintance. I just put a little bit on the tip of my finger and stick it in lol......since it's a gel it spread around the whole area by itself.......and it works great for me! If you have any other questions feel free to ask or PM me....I'm online often right now because I'm on sick leave.....Take care......Roxie

Leave a comment:

• queenbean60
    replied
    Hi Roxie-
    I'm newly diagnosed and my head is spinning reading all the different things that work and don't work for IC. I don't want to take the Elmiron due to the side effects and I've heard it's only successful in a small number of people. I'm intrested in the freeze dried Aloe Vera. Where did you hear about this? How much do you take and how often? Also, is the MSM gel still working for you? How do you use it?
    Thanks for the help!

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    replied
    Good that you are going to your doctor to have them check it out first.
    The worst thing is to treat a vaginal infection incorrectly: yeast cream if you have bac vaginosis or the other way around. Sometimes (based on my own experience) doctors assume you have a "rebound infection" - which could be true- but you need to culture it first! They would order a treatment over the phone assuming you now got a "rebound infection". That means : if you treated yeast before you could get an overgrowth of lactobacilli, for instance.
    But if what you really have is a resistant yeast infection , you will just make it worse if you use anitbiotics based on that assumption. Specially if you are getting resistant infections you have to be extra careful.

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI Jen, Sorry to hear about you getting the infection again. I seem to get in the loop having yeast infections....over and over and over. It drives me nuts. My dr. says I'm prone to them....so maybe you are prone to the bacterial vaginosis......it sure does suck huh??? I think IC brings our resistance to these things down......my opinion......but it sure seems like it! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    started a topic Vaginal infections??

Vaginal infections??

Hey ladies.
    Well, here I go again. Now I have this abnormal vaginal discharge ( sorry for the gross subject).I think I may have Bacterial Vaginosis. I dont think it is yeast since I have no itch really. I am going to see the gyne tomorrow. The last time I had bacterial vaginosis was like two months ago and the only thing they treat it with is flagyl which I am allergic to and cannot take and clindmycin antibiotics which give me severe esophagitis. I had to use the clindamycin vaginal cream last time and that put my IC in a huge flare. Now I scared I will have to use that crap again.
    I dont get why I keep getting these infections. I mean I dont even have sex for goodness sakes!! What could be causing me to keep getting them?
    Is there any other treatment for bacteral vaginosis other than flagyl, metrogel which is the same a flagyl or the clida cream?
    Jen
Working...
X