No announcement yet.

ARRRRRGH! This UTI refuses to go away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARRRRRGH! This UTI refuses to go away.

This is getting absolutely rediculous. This stubborn UTI has hung around now for a little over 2 weeks. I had my anti changed from leavaquin to macrobid last Friday and the infection is still present. I did have a experience a little relief Monday and Tuesday but the burning was back to an all time high by Wednesday evening. I managed to make it through work all 4 days but today the pain is almost unberable. I hate calling in sick. Horrible bladder spasms and the worst smelling urine ever. I have been peeing 4 to 5 times an hour all morning. Every trip to the potty is soooooo frustrating. My uti's rarely last this long. They usually go away after about 10 days or so. Somtimes within a week. My back is starting to hurt, so I am afraid this infection may be spreading to my kidneys. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.
    TexasHoney

Let's keep praying for a cure.
    IC Symptoms began in early 2001
    Divorced : Sept 2002 (Partly due to IC)
    Diagnosed with IC in April 2004
    Most recent injury - Rupurtured Left Achilles Tendon
    Wed Jan 28 2009
    (Ice Storm Accident)
    2nd Achilles Tendon Surgery - May 28, 2009 after re-injury on May 17
    Other Injuries
    Broken Left Ankle - July 2004 ( fell off ladder)
    Broken Left Ankle (Again) - May 2005 (car accident)
    Sprained Left Ankle - November 2006 ( fell off my aunts porch on Thanksgiving Day)

CURRENT MEDS
    Elmiron, Pyridium

Oh, gosh... I'm sorry you've been feeling so horrible!! I hope the UTI goes away soon.

I know what you are going through though -- I'm having UTI-like symptoms including urine that smells like, according to my husband, "a Porta-Potty." He's right; my first pee this morning REEKED. So, off I go to get tested....

And I know how it is about calling in sick too -- I really wanted to do it today, but (1) the employee health clinic at work will see me for free, and my PCP will charge $15 (or is it now $20) just to do a damn UTI test, and (2) I FEEL SOOOO GUILTY EVERY TIME I HAVE TO CALL IN. And the guilt makes it so I can't rest properly... so I end up coming in.
    Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
    *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

You should go in and get another culture to make sure you still have the actual infection. I know three months ago I had a nasty UTI and it flared me for weeks! It took forever to get over the symptoms. It could be that the actual infection is gone, just that you still have all the inflammation since you also have IC. I would check with the doctor and ask to have another culture done. Hope you feel better real soon.
      Jen

Comment

me tooo

im with jen..i think the infection is gone..its the flares thats lingering.
        Quit ELMIRON due to hair loss
        Cystoprotek ROCKS!

find me on FACEBOOK -
        search my email [email protected]

Current Meds:
        AM Cystoprotek & ATARAX 50mg
        Dinner CYSTOPROTEK
        PM Elavil 25mg

Comment

Working...
        X