this bites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this bites

Well, I did something stupid and drank about half of one beer yesterday. I'm in pain!

I'm stuck here at the house with no heat wraps, and nothing to use for pain. I'm going to have to wait till this afternoon to get some. I'll have to make do with a hot bath, but I don't really like a bath.

What was I thinking. I know what drinking does, I hardly drink because I know how it affects me.

I did that a few weeks back, I hadn't drank in 5 or so years. I have had a sip of someone elses tho.. hugs to you hope you feel better soon.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I think everyone's done this at one time or another. I know I have! Bless your heart, I know you are hurting! I hope the hot bath will help calm down your poor bladder. Have you tried drinking the baking soda and water drink yet? That usually helps me when I am in a food/beverage related flare. If you dont have any baking soda, you could try an antacid, if you have some in the house. I hope you feel better soon!

Hugs,
      Amy

Comment

Oh Sweetie! I can relate... Lord- I'm in the middle of crying about the lost pain meds, and what do I do?

Last night I was tired after work, in pain, and NOT in the mood to cook. Ordered Pepperoni pizza for the kids, and then stood there and ate an entire slice when it got there! What is wrong with me? I haven't eaten pizza in two years, I KNOW I can't have it, especially Pepperoni... and yet, I got the whole slice down my gullet before my daughter looked over and asked, "Do you really think that's the best for your bladder?"

Again, DUH!!! I guess I was just so stressed out, tired, in pain, wah wah wah- that I just wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. Well- within two hours it became apparant that the bladder was not happy! With no pain meds, I'm really in trouble today, and have absolutely no-one to blame but myself. Dingbat!

Don't beat yourself up over the beer... we all have our moments, and sometimes you just have to "try" to be normal again. I'm so sorry you're hurting, wish I could help!

ARGH! I hate this disease!!!!

Missy

Comment

Hugs, sorry your splurged alittle and have to suffer. Sometimes we just have to do it. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

ya know

some people on here can drink a beer or too.
            im too afraid to try
            Quit ELMIRON due to hair loss
            Cystoprotek ROCKS!

find me on FACEBOOK -
            search my email [email protected]

Current Meds:
            AM Cystoprotek & ATARAX 50mg
            Dinner CYSTOPROTEK
            PM Elavil 25mg

Comment

Donna
              Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
              Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
              Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
              [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Blue, I hope you are feeling better by now.
                TexasHoney

Let's keep praying for a cure.
                IC Symptoms began in early 2001
                Divorced : Sept 2002 (Partly due to IC)
                Diagnosed with IC in April 2004
                Most recent injury - Rupurtured Left Achilles Tendon
                Wed Jan 28 2009
                (Ice Storm Accident)
                2nd Achilles Tendon Surgery - May 28, 2009 after re-injury on May 17
                Other Injuries
                Broken Left Ankle - July 2004 ( fell off ladder)
                Broken Left Ankle (Again) - May 2005 (car accident)
                Sprained Left Ankle - November 2006 ( fell off my aunts porch on Thanksgiving Day)

CURRENT MEDS
                Elmiron, Pyridium

Comment

PS Blue I can get away with blackberry wine without much if not any trouble. That is the only thing I do good with though.

Comment

I have done that several times. When I have had a drink, I swear I drink 32 oz. of water with it, and I go to potty all night, but the pain is not any worse than normal when I wake up. I am just tired, because of all the water, I get up every hour. Oh well, we all want to be normal. It will get better.

Comment

Thank you everyone!

Comment

I'm probably going to be right there with you Blue in a couple of weeks. I have a wedding to go to and I want to drink!! I haven't drank any alchohol in almost a year, and I really want to be able to drink and have fun at this wedding. I know a few people have posted that they can have Rum, but I don't like Rum, so I think I may just try some Vodka with something? But I'm sure I'm going to pay for it later anyway, I guess I'll deserve it, but you have to have some fun sometimes too right? Hope your feeling better.

Kari
                        Kari

I'm 47 years old, married 27 years. I have two wonderful boys and two wonderful grandchildren. I was diagnosed in 1994. Life has certainly thrown me many many surprises, all of which I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful, and I try to think about my blessings not my misfortunes, when possible. Stay Strong!

Comment

Maybe preparing ahead of time will help. Some AZO, and whatever else works for you. Take some before you start drinking ( unlike myself ) maybe the symptoms will be less. I wish I would have considered that.

Doing better now.

Comment

I glad to hear you are feeling better.

Take Care
                            Natalie

I am multi-diseased with : MS, IC, IBS, and PDF

Diagnosed with IC - May 2006 IC symptoms : burning and frequency

Diagnosed with MS - March 2004 MS symptoms numbness in arms and legs, muscle weakness, major lack of bladder control and increasing bowel control problems. I wear Depend underwear 24/7.

Diagnosed with IBS - Sept 23, 2008

Diagnosed with PFD - Oct 1, 2008

Divorced Oct. 2009

IC Meds

Elmiron
                            Hydroxyzine
                            Elavil
                            Lortab for pain
                            Uristat

MS Meds:

Betaseron
                            Novantrone
                            Corticosteroids
                            Skelaxin ( muscle relaxer)
                            Neurototin for pain

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." -John 3:16

The Serenity Prayer:
                            God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
                            X