Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• journalibra
    replied
    So at this point I believe I've had enough of this flare. I am taking everything prescribed to me and I'm still in this flare. It has now passed the week mark. I am so sick of this. I am at least now a bit more functional but it's really annoying. My bladder hurts, I am leaking a little bit, and I keep having to pee every few minutes. When is this flare going to ever end?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    Yikes! That's not good. I hope the Singulair works.

Leave a comment:

• journalibra
    replied
    SHe did try an antihistimine and I had panic attacks on it. Got pulled RIGHT off.

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    Any reason your doctor hasn't had you try one of the classic antihistamines for treating IC? They have somewhat of a different action than other antihistamines.

Leave a comment:

• kari1980
    replied
    I'm right there with you Samantha! I'm going on week 8 of my flare!! I've never had one this bad or for this long and it's really getting to me. I HATE IC TOO!! Will I ever feel normal again? I'm starting to wonder.

Hope your starting to feel better.

Kari

Leave a comment:

• journalibra
    replied
    Thanks TexasHoney. It could have had a hidden ingredient. However just in case I took 3 prelief. I haven't been checked for a UTI but i don't have burning. My bladder just still feels like it's being squeezed even with very little on my bottom or nothing at all. My bladder also keeps spasming. It started on Tuesday evening and it is already Saturday morning and I'm STILL in this flare. When is it going to end?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• TexasHoney
    replied
    I am sorry to hear your having such a bad flare. Maybe there was a hidden ingredient the food you had. Also, have been checked for a uti? My latest flare started with one. Whatever the cause is I hope you get some relief real soon.

Hang In There
    TexasHoney

Leave a comment:

• journalibra
    replied
    Thank you for your support.

Even though this is a horrible flare... my worst one yet... I am starting to feel gross because I am just laying around taking medicines and trying to rest. Should I even CONSIDER getting up and going swimming or for a power walk or should I just totally rest and take my medicine and allow myself to try to sleep my way through this flare? I am laying here looking at how gross I feel and how I want to lose weight but also know I am in loads of pain when I start moving around a bit. I HATE IC! ( I know I keep saying that... but I'm really frustrated)

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Welcome to the flare club, just wanted to tell ya I am right there with you now. Hugs

Leave a comment:

• Curly
    replied
    You are not alone. IC does suck. I hate my IC and my stupid bladder! I hope that you get to feeling better soon. I am in a flare too and have only worked 2 days this week. Don't have any advice just sending big hugs your way. This too shall pass.

Leave a comment:

• journalibra
    replied
    Griffsmommy~

I am on urelle and I do the IC diet. This flare was not a food flare. I had even taken Prelief since I was at a restaurant and wasn't 100% sure what the food was cooked in/with. My doctor doesn't like starting with antidepressants and I personally don't want to be on them. I don't like to take meds, that's true... but everything that my doctor is suggesting in regards to meds I am trying. I am just so ULTRA sensative to oral medications I have to be REALLY careful. I am prone to depression and anxiety so the side effects to some of these meds are just that. The heating pad and ice packs have definitally become my friend. I appreciate your suggestions... I HATE IC!

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Samantha,
    Everyone gets negative at some time or another. It's really hard to deal with a flare and it can bring out the worst in us. Do you have anything to help with the bladder pain itself? You can get over the counter AZO or the dr can give you an rx for prydium which is the same stuff in AZO just an rx. There are also some other ones out there. I'm personally on Urelle, not only does it have something in there for the bladder pain but it helps stop bladder spams.

Have you tried a heating pad. When I'm in a flare I usually have it just about attached to my pelvis. Some people say that cold feels better for them so you'll have to try and see what else helps.

I saw that you don't like to take meds but alot of us are also helped by a low dose of an anti-depressent, I don't really understand the chemistry behind it but I know that it helps with nerve pain. I was pretty much having some amount of bladder pain everyday and then my dr put me on Elavil and I can have some days that are pretty much pain free now.

I'm sure some other people will have some other suggestions. If you haven't already done so you should check out the patient handbook at the top of the page, you can find the IC diet there and that helps a lot of people with their pain once they figure out what foods trigger them.

Leave a comment:

• journalibra
    started a topic In worst flare I've EVER experienced

In worst flare I've EVER experienced

To whomever wants to hear a flaring vent~

I have been in a flare now for 2.5 days now. Usually my flares are only a few hours long to maybe a day. I was having dinner on Tuesday night everything was fine, after dinner and after drinking a BUNCH of water during dinner, I had to pee. Once I peed I was thrown into a horrible flare. Bladder pain so incredibly horrible. As soon as I got home from dinner I took some Darvocet and hoped it would just go away while I slept. I woke up with even worse pain on Wednesday and had to go to work for 5 hours... took some more Darvocet while at work to make it through my shift. On my lunch break called my doctor's office begging for an instillation that day. My doctor called me back once I got home from work and called in more Darvocet (since I had only had 2 doses on me and obviously needed some more) and told me to be squeezed into a bladder instillation appointment on Thursday. I got a BI yesterday morning and was told to begin Singulair. I was told this is allergy season and it doesn't surprise her I'm in a flare.

I hate allergy season. I don't even have seasonal allergies, but obviously my bladder does. How do we cope with flares like this? The Darvocet is only taking the edge off, it's not even killing the pain. I don't want to be on narcotics and Darvocet usually kills my pain. I am still SOOO new to all of this IC stuff and ever since my cystoscopy in January my IC symptoms have been worse... will it ever calm down to what it was before my cystoscopy?

I am sorry for being so negative and annoyed, I know that won't help me get through this flare. I just want the flare to be over with. When will it end? This freaking SUCKS!

~Samantha
Working...
X