So frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So frustrated

Well I was on this site about 2 years ago when I was daignosed but forgot all my info. Anyways I was diagnosed with IC in Oct of 2005. I was on Elmiron and going to the uro about every 2 weeks but stopped after getting frustrated with nothing working for me. I just had a baby back in March and while I was pregnant my IC symtoms were a lot better, they were still there but managable. Well Im having my first flare since getting pregnant and it is NOTHING like before. It is so awful. I have the usual urinating every 2 min well thinking I have to go every 2 min anyways. But this time the pain is almost unbearable. Ive been having these awful pains in my lower abdomin, its just a quick shooting pain but it lasts for a few min and it's bad enough to keep my from moving and bring me to my knees. I have pain in my lower back as well, which I did have before but now it feels like it goes up my spine. Ive also been getting really sick to my stomach, but not throwing up. I really dont want to go to the DR like I did before, I dont want to be getting Mahayla out every time I need to go and I dont want her growing up with a Mom that gets sick like I am. I never had a problem accepting my IC until now. I hate this for my daughter. I just dont know what to do, I cant imagine spending all that money on me when it could be going to my daughter. I dont want to go back to the DR to be discouraged once again. Its just too much for me to take right now and I just need some people to talk to that know what Im going through. Im just totally lost what I need to go from here and what they can do for me.

TIA for any help

Kaylie
    Mommy to Mahayla 3-21-07 and Dalilah 4-7-08
    Wife to Casey 2-11-2006
    Diagnosed w/ IC in 2005
    Currently taking:
    Elvail 25mg at night as needed
    (Home) Elmiron/Bicarb/Lidocaine Instills up to twice a day as needed
    Hydrocodone as needed for pain (from GP when in flares)

Have not been to uro in over a year and have had to stop all meds because of the expense

First of all I am so sorry you are feeling this way but I too am feeling the same way and I will add another word to frustrated and that is LONELY. I know how you feel about not wanting your baby to have a sick mommy and that is something that I have struggled with for the past 4 years or so. I was diagnosed in 1997 and had a baby 2 years later and my IC symptons were not gone but they stayed at bay until month 8 and then I got a bladder infection that put me into pre-term labor....2 years later I had another baby and I had no one problem the whole pregnancy as far as my IC but now that I have had and the older I get the worse my IC symptons get. I was up every 15 minutes last night starting at 11 and has not ended yet. I am contemplating on going to the ER because I could at least get some relief until I can see my URO. My advice to you would be to go to the doctor because you are no good to your baby if you are sick. And my second thing I would tell you that as a mother, You HAVE to take care of you in order to take care of your baby. Get some help (if there is any available) to come stay at your house and let you rest. Please know that I am thinking of you and understand how you feel and I am here to talk at any time. You can privately email me or we can talk on this chat.

Autumn

Comment

could just be a UTI

i would at least buy a home kit
      Quit ELMIRON due to hair loss
      Cystoprotek ROCKS!

find me on FACEBOOK -
      search my email [email protected]

Current Meds:
      AM Cystoprotek & ATARAX 50mg
      Dinner CYSTOPROTEK
      PM Elavil 25mg