Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tigger_gal
    replied
    my gyn treats several IC patients, and is friends with my uro. he always told me to take something before my appointment, and have a driver, I still flare but its a bit easier while there.

Leave a comment:

• littlemyrn
    replied
    Before my hysto, pelvic's would hurt and would cause my vv to flare, but not so much ic. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• July
    replied
    I hope it goes fast and you are flare free!

Leave a comment:

• LeeAnn
    replied

I was lucky enough to have an OB/Gyn who specialized in IC (she has since moved away). But she said that the pelvic exam was more comfortable if they inserted that speculum in sideways instead of vertically. The handle part will then be touching the back of your leg instead of hanging down. If you tell your doctor he/she will know what I'm trying to describe. My doctor said it puts pressure on a different spot. Before I had this doctor, pelvic exams and pap smears always made me flare for at least a few days. Hopefully your doctor will know how to be gentle and maybe you can try having the speculum put in sideways. Goodluck.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Ummmm, are you having your annual pelvic?? A pelvic can cause a flare for me because they tend to push around in there and end up pushing right on my bladder most of the time, ouchie!! Since I usually have my pap with a pelvic I'm not sure what a pap all on it's own would do. I would remind them about your IC and ask them to be gentle. Hope it doesn't cause a flare for you.

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    started a topic Do pap smears cause flares?

Do pap smears cause flares?

I have a pap on wed....and i am afraid
Working...
X