Flare While Pregnant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flare While Pregnant?

ok girls..my husband and I are in the process of "trying" for a baby and I also have IC. For the past couple of weeks I have been feeling some of the early symptoms of pregnancy but its too early to take a pregnancy test. I woke up this morning with a Flare in my bladder area and it hurts really bad and I am not sure what to take for it? Should I take a Macrobid or a Uristat if I might be pregnant? My husband made me a cocktail this morning with baking soda and water to help out..but its still there and am not sure what what to do? Help !

You should really call your Uro on this one.. Better to be safe in case you are pregnant.
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I think you should also check with your Dr.

Comment

For now I would call your uro and also try a warm bath with a sprinkle of baking soda. Tylenol is ok(ask dr. for sure) for pain. DONT USE A HEATING PAD. I will look up those other drugs online and see what pregnancy category thay are in. Its risky business though, as the fetus is most susceptable during the first trimester. Also try pouring warm or cool water over your genital area when you pee, or pee in the tub(gross I know) but it truly helps take the edge off.

Erika
        IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
        Interstim Since 5/25/07!
        Birth Control

Comment

Both uristat and Macrobib are in category B. I would still run that by your doctor. Hope this helps!

Erika
          IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
          Interstim Since 5/25/07!
          Birth Control

Comment

Working...
          X