Msm gel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msm gel

Where can I get MSM gel? I have alot of urethral pain and if this helps I will get it. Thanks, Rachann
    When life hands you lemons make lemonade. But when life hands you a load of crap, don't make anything. Trust me on this one.

Diagnosed in 2001
    Meds
    Elmiron, Elavil, Atarax, Ditropan, Prosed DS, Hydracodone when needed

I don't know I haven't heard of it. I will ask my doc when I go this week and let you know.

Comment

Myca

Roxanne pmd me with the info. You can order msm gel at www.jacoblab.com. I ordered some. I'll let you know if it helps. Rachann
      When life hands you lemons make lemonade. But when life hands you a load of crap, don't make anything. Trust me on this one.

Diagnosed in 2001
      Meds

Comment

I went to that site, I think I may try it. I get a lot of urethra pain. I hope this helps...Has anyone tried the oral MSM or just the gel?

Comment

HI! I've only tried the MSM gel........but love it. Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
          Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
          Dx'd Hypothyroid
          Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
          June 2007
          Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
          First Cysto 1979
          First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
          Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
          Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
          Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
          Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
          Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
          Bladder surgery 2000
          Dx'd: IBS 2000
          Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
          Laminectomy 1989
          Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
          I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Originally posted by Roxie2007 View Post
            HI! I've only tried the MSM gel........but love it. Roxie
            Thanks for the reply Roxie.

Do you recommend a certain brand? I found it on Jacobslab.com...

Comment

Hi Roxie,
              I'm sorry to sound so newbie but WHERE do you apply the MSM gel? I just got some and want to use it but was wondering if you use it on the abdomen or around the urethra (outside) or do you instill it???
              Thanks

Comment

where to put the gel

Hi everyone! I've been off the computer for a long time do to not having a computer that works. Do to the nice donations from our family we have a new one. I did get the gel this summer and haven't used it because I'm not sure where to put it. Does it go directly on the ureathral opening? This would be fantastic to know for my next flair. Thanks, Rach

Diagnosed in 2001
                Meds

Comment

Hi! Just put some on your finger and put it inside......it's a gel so it sorta melts where it needs to go. I used it 3 times during the day and then put some in at bedtime.......I wear a light pad when I use the gel. Hope it works for you!!

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
                  Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
                  Dx'd Hypothyroid
                  Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
                  June 2007
                  Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
                  First Cysto 1979
                  First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
                  Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
                  Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
                  Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
                  Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
                  Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
                  Bladder surgery 2000
                  Dx'd: IBS 2000
                  Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
                  Laminectomy 1989
                  Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
                  I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Thanks Roxie! I will give it a try.

Diagnosed in 2001
                    Meds

Comment

Working...
                    X