Can Lunesta cause flares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Lunesta cause flares?

I just started taking Lunesta instead of Ambien. Sometimes I noticed that Ambien actually helped a little with pain, but I have been flaring ever since I started taking the Lunesta...particularly in the morning. Anyone else noticed a similar connection?
    Thanks
    Diagnosed: December '06
    Meds: Urised (looking for more non-invasive options)
    I did not have any flares in Caracas. Patch explained this phenomenon to me as a type of "reverse" healing. When all of your energy and love is focused upon abating the pain of others, you, in turn, may heal.
    "Doctor Yaso" (Caracas, Venezuela) and "bolaroja" (Lima, Peru)

i still cant sleep

ive tried it all..ambian,lunestra...
    no pain noted..but i still cant sleep!!
    Quit ELMIRON due to hair loss
    Cystoprotek ROCKS!

find me on FACEBOOK -
    search my email [email protected]

Current Meds:
    AM Cystoprotek & ATARAX 50mg
    Dinner CYSTOPROTEK
    PM Elavil 25mg

Comment

Lunesta and flare

Here's what I think -- if you haven't changed anything else or gotten into stress over something and you start a pill (try a food, new lotion, etc.) and have pain immediately or sometime in the first week, it is the new thing (in this case pill)! I only try one thing at a time for this reason.

I take lunesta without flares. HOWEVER, pretty much everything else that causes me flares seems fine for everyone else with IC. Bottom-line, we are all SO different that it's probably you and the med are not a match! Try stopping it and see if it goes away. Experiment and if you have problems, get another sleeping med. I haven't tried rozeram but I see commercials for it all the time.

I hate insomnia - have it really bad (go to bed at 11 fall asleep at 7:15ish) and when I don't have insomnia I have THE BLADDER being angry so it's a lose-lose. But I have really liked lunesta but don't want to take it every night so I do it about 3 times a week and am tired the rest of the time. Ugh.

Feel better soon!
      Laura D. in Florida

Share your poems and art about living with IC, and your IC-friendly recipes at www.art4ic.com

IC since 1994: primarily utilize herbal/natural treatments due to intolerance to many medications. Daily: Marshmallow Root Tea, Hormones, Cystoprotek, Desert Harvest Aloe Vera, Claritin, and relatively strict adherence to IC Diet.

Comment

Working...
      X