Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I AM GOING TO THROTTLE THE NEAREST PERSON WITH AN MD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had that same problem, well, problems, with no sleep and not being left 'alone' and being verbally told to change my RX and the pharmacy fills it, but the insurance wont pay...they have to re-write it, but write it DIFFERENTLY......So, if it says 3 x a day, instead of 2 x a day, then your insurance should cover it....

I needed phenergan to keep from vomiting and had run out early, and its JUST phenergan, but they wouldnt refill it unless I paid out of pocket for enough to get me by until time for the rx to run out, or about 3 days before.

Hopefully you wont have to wait the entire time and can get it filled a few days before your bottle says its time. I know how hard it is to be out of any med that you take on a regular basis, and the doctors, pharmacists, AND the insurance co should know that you just dont stop valium......

Maybe getting on the phone and talking to the ins co and telling them that instead of paying for an early rx they can pay for the ER visit you'll have to make (hopefully it wont come to that, but the ins co would rather pay for an RX then an ER visit)....I wish you the best of luck and hope you get through it all alright.

And about being a mom, and sick, and tired, and stressed, honey, I understand.......My door didnt have a lock on it, but it didnt take me but 2 weeks of living here to get one put on!!! Try resting with a fan on, it is white noise and blocks out the other stuff you really dont want to hear. I cant sleep without mine now.

Hugs, and good luck.......Sandy

oops, Obviously I didnt read all the posts, I'm glad you at least got your meds......sorry for being so long winded!

Comment

teacher too

Hi Rachel & MakinIt
      I'm a teacher too. I have an arrangement with the closest nearby teacher that if I'm flaring, he'll leave his door open & I'll wave as I run past to the restroom. Then he monitors both rooms til I get back. He's been really great about it. It's high school & this term my kids are a great group so no problems (thank God). My vice-principal said that if I have a rough class or any kids I worry about in that arrangement, to call her & she'll find a way to help.

When I taught elementary (before I got IC), the classrooms often had a door in the wall between them, so it was easy to run out because the teacher next door could stand in the space between the rooms & monitor.

Also, my doctor wrote me a "prescription" for a classroom close to a bathroom & a teacher across from a bathroom is retiring at the end of the year so I'll have her room next year

Glad to see other teachers here
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Hi Kadi,

I'm a teacher too, as Tracey (MakinIT) knows. I'm lucky to be working, currently, in a 1:1 situation in a child's home, so going to the bathroom is really easy. He's a great kid (autism) and if I have to leave the room he'll wait for me (although he'll usually go and plop down on the bed instead of staying at the table )

I do worry about what will happen if I move to a classroom sitaution. I'm in grad school right now and I often have to go 3 times during my 2 hr 40 min class. What's funny is that I'll often try to hold it until break time and end up giving up and going. when I get back, break time is only a minute or two away but I coudn't wait that long! Now I just go when I feel I need to and don't look at the clock. If it was more frequently, I'd talk to my teachers about it but as it is, I don't think they notice or care.

I'm glad you have such a great school to be understanding about that. I think that we're lucky to be in this field. My mother also works in a school (administration) and she has health problems which they are very understanding about. I think that if we worked in another field, in offices, or something, they would NOT be understanding.

Emily
        Pikkumyy - special ed teacher, wife, wild animal rehabber, and PFD patient since the horrible kidney infection of 2000. In remission since 9/04

Comment

I think Donna is right, I think you need a rewrite for the prescription!

Comment

Working...
          X