Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pink22
    replied
    When I went in for surgery they thought I had endometriosis. Instead I had adhesions attached from my uterus to my bowel and it was pulling my uterus down on my bladder which I guess would explain the pressure I was feeling. I had told my doctor at one time that I felt like something was sitting on top of my bladder. I guess I was right. Anyway, it has only been one year since I had the surgery and I hope that they haven't come back. Maybe it is just a flare. I am still trying to get use to all the symptoms of this disease and trying to figure out what I have done when a flare comes on.

Leave a comment:

• Solfish37
    replied
    Uh...my apologies for the F word getting through the ****** blocks. I thought it would get picked up and I just wrote it like I said it when it happened!

Hugs!

Leave a comment:

• Solfish37
    replied
    Yup..Donna..my last surgery was a BIG hrkin' surprise to my GYN. She was expecting a 45 min oompherectomy...went in through the belly though, just because of my history and the pain I described. They promised they would make the scare only as big as the hysterectomy scare. imagine my surprise when I groggily came too and felt bandgages covering my entire pelvis. The first words out of my mouth to the surgeon and recovery nurse was "how many hands were in there?". Anyway....they found my entire lower area adhesed andcovered in old blood. (My ovary kept rupturing) They had to pull apart and dissect vessels, arterioles, urethra, bladder, bowel, ...she knicked some of those things but didn't loose much blood so she didn't figure it was too terrible. Anyway, my surgery lasted 4 hours. Owie, owie. She's sure I'll need it again in the next 3-4 years, but I will cry if it is sooner. Docs have also said it can happen sooner. "sigh". At least I'm getting good at gettingout of bed the first time after the surgery.."Roll on your side, use your arms to push up from the side of the bed....oh...you've done this before..." Gee what was yer first clue?

Just joking...I love all the nurses who have been in my life. Even the grumpy ones.

Tracey

Leave a comment:

• Vicki Brown
    replied
    Speaking of adhesions.... I've been wondering if they are contributing to my ic pain. I had hystro. 12 yrs. ago and appendect. 30 yrs. ago. My pelvic and tummy pain are sooooooooooooooo bad. seeing the pain dr. next wk.

gotta go lay down,
    julie cussing banghead toilet toilet

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Sometimes the adhesions can be felt by the physician, but not always. Mine had grown so smoothly they couldn't be felt at all. The way they were diagnosed was by an exploratory surgery to try to find a cause for my pain. The surgeon described my adhesions as being like a spider web that had grown around my abdominal organs, fastening them all together. I was so relieved after the surgery.

I had my surgery before laparoscopic surgery was available --- so the recovery time was much longer than it is now.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• pink22
    replied
    Thanks for everyone's replies. I haven't been to the doctor since the pains have started again, mainly because of the fear that it is adhesions again. Can the doctor tell if it is without surgery? Hope everyone is feeling well soon!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I know how you feel about more surgeries. I've had so many surgeries that hubby and I have begun to refer to my surgical history as "total body replacement, one piece at a time." One of my surgeries was for adhesions, and mine never did come back.

I hope you feel better soon.

Warm healing thoughts,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Solfish37
    replied
    PLEASE doncha all mention adhesions. My god, that is such a fear of mine that I would have to have surgery and who knows what crazy disease I'd get after that. (I have not much left to screw up!!!) Just the thought is making me do me deep breathing exercise. (You'd think 9 surgerys would make me a pro but in fact each makes me more nuerotic...my docs prescribe IV sedatives the night before surgeries now because I'm such a wreck!)

Flare is coming back. sides hurt...hands are killing me...and my bladder is going bananas..I'm thinking I'm tolerant to my morphine dosage. My doc and talked about that yesterday. I think I need to up it dammit. Sucks. I guess another 15 mg morphine every 8 hours ..... we shall see.

I just keep a smilin' though bound and determined to beat this damn thing.

Leave a comment:

• Britgal
    replied
    Hi there Pink22, I had adhesions removed when I was diagnosed with IC in June 2002. My surgeon remarked at the time, that they could come back. I do not know if that is part of your pain, but I know that if I experienced the same type of pain again, I would question whether my adhesions had returned. Please let us know how you get on, I am really curious if yours have returned. Take care and hugs Iris. hi grouphug

Leave a comment:

• dixiefireball
    replied
    Hope you are doing better today.
    did they check you for a uti? I know how awful those flares can be. we are here for you please keep us updated on how you are. grouphug

Leave a comment:

• pink22
    replied
    I wanted to ask a question about the adhesions you mentioned. I had adhesions removed a year ago but lately I feel the same kind of pains I was having before the surgery. A lot of pressure on the bladder and painful pelvic area. I'm not sure if it is just my bladder or have the adhesions come back. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Solfish37
    replied
    saw my GP today...good guy but all he said was, with a wince " man, I've had IC patients, but you are the worst....do you want me to up your MS Contin?" I told him to hold off for a while...see how it goes. Today, my tummy muscles are very sore. I feel like someone has made me do about 300 sit ups while hurling. I'm going to call my Uro tomorrow. I adore her. I went to my reg doc today just cause it was time and I needed torefill MS contin.

Do you guys find with a flare it very slowly recedes...like the soreness just takes forever to go away?

Bye...Thanks for the kind words.

Leave a comment:

• alana rose
    replied
    Curling up with a heating pad and a stuffie! Sounds like my weekend. Take care and my thoughts are with you! You will be in my prayers tonight-as is everyone with IC
    alan grouphug

Leave a comment:

• JessicainArkansas
    replied
    Sounds like one fun way to spend the weekend! NO WAY!!
    I hope the Doc has some helpful answers for you tomorrow, I hope you are blessed with the patience to get through this, pain, painful husband stares,and the pain we sometimes endure to love our little ones.
    Good luck to you Monday!
    JessicainArkansas

Leave a comment:

• Britgal
    replied
    Glad to read you are seeing a doc tomorrow, hope he can help you out with your pain, it certainly does sound nasty. I am glad to read, that I am not the only one that cuddles up with a heating pad, and a stuffed animal, when not feeling good. Mine is a big soft teddy bear, he has see a lot of wear and tear in his time. Hope that you can find out what is going on, let us know how you are doing, soft hugs. Iris. hi grouphug

Leave a comment:

Working...
X