X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelle in KC
    replied
    9:32 AM Thursday 2-5-04
    I feel good... All is well. Pain at a 1 or 2. So, I consider this normal. It snowed last night and so I didn't sleep well. The reflection of the light and the snow and the clouds was a pain in the hoo-hoo and I heard snow plows all night, and we had thunder-snow, and my Dear Darling (grrr) husband was sitting up looking at the snow off and on all night. AND today is a snow day from school. YUK! Tomorrow is a scheduled day off from school, too. Fortunately, I have a Uro appt and an interview, so I will be in and out all day. hehehehehehehe. Anyway, just an update for you.

Michelle

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hope u are feeling better... angel grouphug

Leave a comment:

• Michelle in KC
    replied
    7:11 PM 2/4/04
    I am a bit better, tho still achey. And spasms are not so fun. I feel like my bladder is on fire. But just a small fire. Not the kind you roast marshmallows over. <vicodon talking>

On a good note, I filed my federal income taxes today and am supposed to get a good refund. I am also going to a JOB INTERVIEW Friday morning. It's with a state farm agent. Woo-hoo. So, anyway, thanks for all good wishes.

I think we cam call this flare episode over. <Crossing fingers, knocking on wood>

Thanks to all.
    Michelle

Leave a comment:

• auntiedeb
    replied
    grouphug grouphug grouphug

Leave a comment:

• Michelle in KC
    replied
    2/3/04 9:30 PM
    Still hurting. I was felling a LITTLE better, so I ate something I <stupid> shouldn't have. BIG mistake. I hurt badly now. Hubby feels bad for asking me to go out for dinner. So, back to pain level 8. Going to bed. Heating pad and drugs and me. Grrr. Michelle.

Leave a comment:

• Scott McCrea
    replied
    Sorry for the loquacity of my posts.

Being home with a four year old all day makes one long for conversation about something other than crayons or cartoons or counting.

Some men may be built for nuturance. Some of us ain't. I fall toward the latter end of that scale. The whole plan got inverted. I was going to conquer the world, she was going to be housewife. Somehow, it didn't work out that way. Metaphor for life, anyone?

I just finally feel as if someone's listening to me and it feels, well, GREAT!

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Scott McCrea
    replied
    I'm sorry you're hurting.

My flares last years. To be fair, so did my mild remission.

I am in "flare mode" as far pain is concerned (Elmiron greatly improved most of my non-pain symptoms; that was an awkward locution!) 24/7 and have been since August of 99. The previous one lasted from 91 to 95. Then I had a mild remission (pain mostly at night and controlled by ibuprofen and medical marijawana) till '99, as I said, then whammo...

I've been in the worst one of my life for five years in August. I've been totally disabled by it. Can't work. Barely manage to do the Mr. Mom thing--how the kid's turning out so well is a gift from God as much of obstacle as the IC's been to full involvement in her young--she's four--life.

I so WIIIIIIIIIIIISH for the days when a couple of Vicodin and Percocet took care of it.

(My wife got on me yesterday, "If you call them 'perkies' people will think you're an addict." To which I replied, "People'll think what they want to. I call them that because they are my friends." I rather appreciate the opiates ability to allow me to get out of the fetal position and out of bed, thank you!)

Seriously, I suggest you try a low dosage, or rather let me rephrase, I have found that diazepam (Valium) can help immensely because part of the pain problem for a lot of us is because of "Pelvic Floor Dysfunction" and the diazepam can chill these muscle spasms out and it will also help your narcotics work more powerfully (the "syngeristic" effect of one psychoactive drug upon another just as to high blood pressure drugs would lower your blood pressure drastically).

I take diazepam 10mg three times a day. That's because I also suffer from sciatica. According to the IC Bible by Dr. Robert Moldwin, the normal dose he treats with is 2mg. Unless you chase it with vodka, you're not likely to develop a "problem"--and once again the media was whipping up the painkiller hysteria this time regarding Michael Jackson. But that's another topic.

Also, if anti-inflammatories can be tolerated such as ibuprofen, try naprosen (Aleve) as it is even more powerful and I would (though anyone else, as always, should CONSULT WITH THEIR PHYSICIAN). Again, as always, I'm not a doctor or a pharmacist and I'm not offering medical advice. I'm only offering my personal experiences in the hope that others who are suffering can learn from my life with IC and avoid some of the suffering I did.

Take care and don't be afraid to ask for what you need. If necessary, if the pain's that bad, don't just take it. If it's that bad then a loving partner will understand that you need to go to the ER. If you do, take your pain med bottles with you and your Pain Doc's phone number.

In fact, you might want to call your pain doctor and ask him/her if you can go to the hospital. I would have to do so because of my narcotics contract. So if you have one, remember to contact your pain doc before accepting ANY narcotics scripts.

Laws very by state, but as we see with a well known political commentator, sloppiness about informing all your doctors what going on can get you in big, big trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Michelle in KC
    replied
    They checked for infection. Urine was clear. They did a residual and it was fine. But at this moment I can't remember clearly, but I think I told him I was taking detrol, but I think I am taking ditropan. I don't know. I am in such a fog right now. Going to try to relax. On a good front, it's snowing!!! I love snow. On a bad note, if the kids have a snow day tomorrow I'll scream. Talk to you all tomorrow probably.

Leave a comment:

• Britgal
    replied
    Hi Michelle and hop you start to feeling better really soon, take care and hugs Iris. grouphug

Leave a comment:

• auntiedeb
    replied
    grouphug grouphug grouphug
    did they check for an infection Michelle? I am praying for you and hoping that you feel better soon.

Leave a comment:

• JAF
    replied
    Well, I am glad you went now hopefully you can get some relief. Take care of yourself.

Jolene

Leave a comment:

• Michelle in KC
    replied
    Well, I went. The Dr. gave me some pills and wants to see me on Friday afternoon to see if I am any better. So I am sitting here waiting for my hubby to get home to get to the bank and home to relax. The heating pad helps immensely. Vicodin helps, too. I feel like someone has wrapped my bladder inside a bunch of tight tight rubber bands. And then poured rubbing alcohol on it. More alter, maybe. Michelle.

Leave a comment:

• JAF
    replied
    Michelle,
    I am glad you are going to go get checked out. Let us know how you are doing. grouphug

Jolene

Leave a comment:

• Michelle in KC
    replied
    8:51 AM 2-2-04
    I am on the way to the uro. If I don't get relief I am going to the Emergency Room. I can barely drive. And the truck is a stick shift. No one to drive me. They all decided to sleep late and my hubby is at work. I'll update you later. Michelle.

Leave a comment:

• dixiefireball
    replied
    I'm so sorry you are STILL haveing it bad the last thing you needed was this flare.
    You are welcome to email me anytime i know how it is i have been there.
    I'm sending you lots of prayers and hugs your way. grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

Leave a comment:

Working...
X