FLARING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLARING

I have been in my pajamas all day so uncomfortable flaring. It makes me so nervous. I have taken pain meds and just lay there thinking when will this be over. Does anyone feel tremendous bladder pressure when they are flaring? Well can not sit for much longer so I will return to bed. Thanks again for all your support. Sandy N.

Sorry to hear that you are flaring! I hope you feel better soon!!!

I get bladder pressure when I'm flaring; I really understand where you are coming from. For me, it gets so bad that the need to urinate becomes constant and very, very intense. When I do pee (which is often every 10-15 minutes) it feels strange, not really burning, but I become very aware of the shape of my bladder and urethra, and the tissues just feel irritated and tender. My lower back gets sore, and my pelvic floor clenches up, and my lower abdomen feels really swollen and tender... like it is stretching and about to pop.

I HATE flares... I hope yours is gone in a jiffy!!

Sending hugs...

Jen
    Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
    *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Sandy,
      Sorry you are having a rough day. Yes, I get bad pressure too when I flare. That is when I pull out the heating pad or get the stick on ones. They help me so much. I hope you are doing better soon. Hugs,
      Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
      http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

Sandy-
        Yes, I feel the pressure as well-I can even feel my bladder 'pulsating'-it is a strange feeling.
        Take care, I will be thinking of you.
        alana

Peace, Love, Health, and Happiness!
        Alana

Comment

Thank you all again for listening and supporting me. My family just do not understand so I am thankful for this group.I was up many times last night and I am so uncomfortable so I will try to call my doctor today and see what he says. I will have to try the stick on heat.

Comment

Hi Sandy, you are certainly not alone with the pressure feeling, I get that as well. The stick on heating pads really do help me, they seem to calm my bladder down a little. Let us know how you are doing, hugs Iris.
            Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Sandy
              I am so sorry that you are in a flare.
              In answer to your question about the pressure , it is definitely there and most painful. The heating pad and hot water with honey soothes me to keep from screaming. I also will use aromatherapy along with breathing techniques.

Em
              "I can be changed by what happens to me
              But I refuse to be reduced by it" ~Maya Angelou

Comment

I hope you are feeling much better very soon. Hopefully the pain meds or heating pads will give you some relief. Thinking of you

Comment

i hope you are feeling better today i'm sending gentle hugs your way.
                  Medicine taken daily or as needed:
                  1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
                  2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
                  3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
                  4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
                  5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
                  5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
                  6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
                  7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Sandy,
                    I feel that constant preasure too even after I've self-cathed and am sure that I'm empty. I'm all swollen and feel like I look 5 mo. preg. Someone asked my fiance yesterday at the dr. office if I was preg. He almost didn't tell me because he knew it would upset me. I use deep breathing and focused gentle stretching to relieve some tension from my hips but I haven't found anything besides heating pads to take the pressure feeling from the bladder area. Heat does help a little. I hope you will feel better soon. I certainly understand where you're at. Huggs

Comment

I finally broke down and went back to the doctor GP. My white count is extremely high. I Have a very acute infection. The doctor had to give me a shot of resefin? an antibiotic. I was even running a slight fever. I told her about the extreme pressure and she said the uti and the infection I have aggravates the heck out of my bladder. Anyway life goes on and I have made it another day without totally losing it. Sandy N.

Comment

Hi Sandy,

Well at least you found out what was wrong. I hope it clears up soon.

Hugs and love,
                        Jess
                        Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

hugs sandy, I too feel that horrible pressure and can't sit because it hurts. I had my hydr on the 4th and started pt on the 13 seems like it will never end.. still hugging mr heating pad.. hope you stop hurting soon
                          hugs
                          brat
                          'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Sandy,
                            I had an infection to a week ago. My pressure got worse and the spasms were through the roof. I went to the ER and they gave me an I.V Resifin too. It's finally getting better. Hang in there. Gentle Huggs to you and Bratt.

Rachel

Comment

Sandy,
                              how are you today? hope that you are felling better.
                              Brat
                              'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Working...
                              X