Flaring AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaring AGAIN

These weekly flares are driving me nuts!!!!!!

This is the second day of it this week. Started yesterday with increased frequency and back pain. Of course, yesterday ended up being a very stressful day and so today is no better... in fact it may be worse because I am having painful bladder spasms and I'm exhausted in addition to the original symptoms.

I haven't figured out what I ate/drank to get it started, but I'm sure my stress level is not helping. It would be nice to be able to stay home and lie around in bed in my jammies all day until this flare calms down, but I've got to be at work... so I took a Urised and some ibuprofen and came in. So far neither is helping.

*sigh*

Well, I have an appointment to see my uro on Monday, so maybe she'll be able to add something to my pill arsenal at that time. It would be nice, since I have to travel for business next week and am anticipating a flare when I go on the plane...

**GRUMBLE** (no smileys today, I see)!

Anyway, thanks for listening... I just wanted to complain and moan for a bit *grin*
    Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
    *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

I am sorry you are feeling so miserable. Hang in there.

Love,
    Jess
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Flares can be tiring no doubt about that. It sounds like you are doing what you can. One more thing you might try is one of the stick on heat pads you can get at Walmart or any drug store. They help me a lot when I am flaring and have to be away from home. I even use them as a preventative when we do long car trips.

Maybe your Dr. can help you with something else. Good Luck and let us know how you are doing.

I am going to add to make sure you don't have an infection that is contributing to these flares.

Hugs coming your way.

Jolene
      Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
      http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

Awwwwwww. I hope your doc can give you something for your travel. Just make sure that during your time at home you lay down and be extra good to yourself. You have our permission. wink
        Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Hi...

One of the things I realized right after I was dxd was that my stress level was one of the major causes for flares. Now, I do everything I can to stay calm. I have even convinced my husband that I MUST not have stress in my life...wink, wink.

Memphis roads can be pure torture, even on the quiet days and times. We are not the best drivers in the country ;-) Try listening to some calming music and stay way back from the cars around you.

Jolene's tip about the sticky heating pads is a great one. Yes, you can find them here at Walgreen's, Wal Mart, etc. Also, do check with your doc about an infection. You can buy the tests over the counter and do it yourself, also.

Hope you start feeling better real soon...Sharon
          Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
          http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
          http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Hi, sounds like you are going throught the pits right now, I feel for you, believe me, and stress is certainly no fun with IC. Glad you came here, and had to a chance to vent, hope that things start to ease up for you real soon. I miss the smilies, also, I thought it was just my computer. Keep us posted as to how you are doing, and hang in there. Soft hugs Iris.
            Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

i'm sorry your flareing hope you feel better soon

I wish we had our smiley back also. I'm sending you a hug. with lots of prayers.
              Medicine taken daily or as needed:
              1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
              2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
              3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
              4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
              5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
              5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
              6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
              7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Hi everyone...just wanted to thank everyone for the support and advice. This board is great! I am wearing a sticky heat pad today like you all suggested ... my husband found them at Walgreen's for me yesterday. I must say it really helps with the pain!

I am still going to the restroom a whole lot, but nowhere near what it was the past few days (I think I was probably going every 10-20 minutes yesterday and the day before). Do I dare hope the flare is going away?? I hope it is... I don't want to have to pee every 15 min while my husband and I are out to dinner tonight!

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy Valentine weekend
                Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
                *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
                *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
                *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Hi, glad you found the sticky heating pads, aren't they great, also I found the therma wraps are great also, for the back, if you have pain in that area. Hope you enjoy your dinner, Happy Valentine's to you also, hugs Iris.
                  Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                  X