No announcement yet.

three day flare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rhonda, glad you are feeling a little better, you have been through some very rough patches lately, been thinking about you. Please let us know how you get on Monday and take care of yourself, hope you keep feeling a little better, hugs and prayers Iris. hi grouphug angel
    Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

i think i counted my chicks before they hatch i'm in more pain then ever now i have a real sharp pain in my right side that is running down my leg. banghead i figure after two anti shot this should be well under way of getting better plus i'm on anti. i'm being to think they have gave me the wrong anti for this infection. eek i'm so weak. but at least i'm eating again. i beginning to wonder when will this ever stop i know ya;ll know how i feel. first thing in the morning my doctor will be called and hopefully he will see me if i'm going to the office anyway and i'm not leaving until i see him.
      Medicine taken daily or as needed:
      1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
      2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
      3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
      4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
      5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
      5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
      6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
      7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Rhonda,
        I'm sorry your having such a hard time with this infection and pain. Has your dr cultured your urine? The test should show which antibiodics would be effective to treat the inf. They probably won't have the results back for a few days. When I went to the ER in pain with an inf. a few weeks ago it turned out that the ER dr. gave me an antibiodic that wouldn't cover the bacteria present so my uro switched it.

When you see your dr. next ask about a suppository called B&O. It helps with the spasm and pain. I have used it along with my morphine when I get really bad. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Rachel hi

Comment

Rhonda-
          I don't why I didn't think of this earlier-perhaps you are passing a kidney stone(s). I had kidney stones when I was first diagnosed with ic. It was the worst pain that I have ever felt! The pain radiated down my right flank, into my stomach, then I could feel the stones almost wedged in my groin. I couldn't bend over without the pain shooting in my bladder. It took about about two weeks for the stones to pass. To have stones and then ic is excrutiating. I wasn't admitted to the hospital with the stones since I never had stones before. When I went to er I was told that I had the flu-given demerol and gravel and sent home. I then went to the walk in clinic two days later (my gp wasn't in) and the doctor (who is a regular customer at the Starbucks that I manage) was horrified that the dr. at the er didn't do xrays and that fact that I was sent home (he actually took the dr's name-he is also an er doctor) Anyway, long story short, I was immediately off work. So perhaps you have a stone(s) and your dr about it.
          Take care-I hope you feel better soon.
          alana grouphug

Peace, Love, Health, and Happiness!
          Alana

Comment

an small update on me
            my uro's office called they are still waiting on the lab test to come back on my urine. even tho he gave me 120 perocets on the 12th they know i have been taking two at a time and they also know i wouldnt except any pain medicine from my family doctor that said I needed to be in the hosp. so he has wrote me 120 more perocet for me to come pick up if the test show what we think it is going to show i will be in the hosp for a few days so if i disapper on ya'll guys you will know why right now i'm playing the awful waiting game. banghead i'm still burning when i pee i still have the sharp pain in myside and the pain is running down my leg and my back right kidney feels like someone beat me there with a bat. Oh do you want to hear something funny that makes me angery when i was in the er sat. the er doctor was talking to me and i told him i felt like when i peed that i was peeing hot thick lava he said you know you could get rich off that. ggggrrrrr cussing here i am in a ball from the pain and he has to say something like that what has happen to bed side manner. Thank God I have a careing and understanding uro. that is helping me as much as he can. i just want this pain to go away! keep praying for me I know the good lord is listening i just wish he would hurry up and answer. angel thank you all for being my back bone when i need it thank you for listing to me vent cry and everything else i do just thank you for being my friend. I love you all kissing grouphug

Comment

Hugs, Hugs and more Hugs going your way!!!! grouphug grouphug

I'm thinking about you, we're all here to support and love you!

Alexa
              My story of healing and hope http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/alexa.html

Comment

Hi Rhonda, I am so sorry you are in so much pain.
                Lets all say a prayer and hope rhonda feels better soon and this infection goes away.. sending you lots of hugs and prayers
                Brat
                'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Hi Rhonda, so sorry you are going through so much right now with your pain, and hope that relief will be coming to you really soon. Sending prayers your way and you know, how much you will be missed, if you are in the hospital, but hopefully they will be able to make you more comfortable, and help with your pain. Take care, and lots of love, and really soft hugs, lots of prayer as well for you, your IC sister Iris. grouphug grouphug angel angel
                  Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

thank you everyone kissing i'm still playing the waiting game they still dont know what to do with me because the lab hasnt sent in all my test yet. they said they should be in tomorrow evening. the doctor wrote me out 120 more perocet 10.325 but my inc want pay for them again until tomorrow but that is okay i still have alot left i had just got them filled on the 12th i think i got about 20 left until morning and if that dont ease the pain then i need to be in the hosp. frown

Comment

Rhonda,
                      It's a pain waiting on the cultures to come back from the lab because it takes 3 days to grow it. I usually start on antibiodics while we're waiting but I am very aware of when I have an infection and my nurse and dr. have begun to realize that I'm always right. I keep getting infections as it seems you do too so I'll go on a low dose antibiodic when I finish this full round to fight the current UTI.

I'm sure you've had a nasty infection. I'm glad they gave you 2 shots of antibiodic but have they given you an oral antibiodic too. I can't remember if you told us that or not. If you get a lot of recurring UTI's have you ever tried going on a low dose to prevent them? I still got an infection because the low dose antibiodic I was taking (macrobid) didn't cover the bacteria that I got so I ended up with yet another one. It really makes it hard to keep your I.C. treated when the bacterial infections keep irritating the bladder.

I hope you will get all the answers your waiting on soon. We've all been praying for you to feel better. angel Keep resting and taking those pain pills in the meantime.

Rachel

Comment

i'm on two diff types of anti i'm on leviquin 250 mg one time a day and spectracef two times a day. for the infection so far it seems to be no good.but at least it should keep the infection from growing more until the test come back. they sent the urine off friday and had some of the test back today but they are still waiting for the major one to come back its a rat race game and i'm loseing it. plus all this stress isnt helping eek

Comment

Rhonda,
                          Bless you heart!! I am praying ferverantly for you!!! If the hospital is what it takes to get you out of this terrible pain, then that is what it takes. How is situation with your mother in law and sister in law, the stress doesn't help the ic!! Take care of you!!!!!!!
                          Love Ya,
                          Kim

Comment

I know that you have been under a tremendous amount of stress. Maybe a few days in the hospital with an I.V. antibiodic and a morphine drip would be good for you. I hope you are able to get at least some rest. I feel so bad for you and I can certainly understand the physical pain your in. I don't know about the second antibiodic you mentioned but the first one, Levoquin, is the strongest antibiodic for most UTI's. My dr. calls it our ace in the hole. He just gave me some because my infections kept coming back on the low dose of macrobid. I'm taking 500 mg. and when I'm over this infection I'll take 250 mg every day to prevent more. The 250mg for your infection seems low but maybe that's because your taking another one with it. I might ask him about that when you call to get your culture results tomorrow. Is it your culture that your still waiting on? I hope you feel better soon.
                            grouphug
                            Rachel

Comment

i'm waiting on one part of the culture to come back there is one part of it they are still waiting on there still testing and that should be the key to my problems once that is back we will know more what we are dealing with.
                              i'm just so sick sick of hurting sick of all this mess. i will be glad when everything is back to normal. frown

Comment

I hope the culture will show the dr. what antibiodic will get rid of your particular bacteria. When I went to the ER the dr. gave me a Rx of Augmentin to get filled after I had an I.V.antibiodic while I was there. I saw my dr. the next day and she looked back at the cultures from the past 2 infections during this month and said the antibiodic ER dr.gave me wouldn't kill the bacteria that was in them. She decided to change it to one that would get the bacteria most likely to be in the culture from the ER. Sure enought when the ER culture came back it showed that the first RX for augmentim wouldn't have gotten rid of the infection. I didn't realize how the were able to determine which antibiodic to use based on the type of bacteria found in the culture. I hope they get it all figured out for you too! I know we're both sick of this never ending cycle of pain and infections! banghead

Rachel

Comment

Working...
                                X