Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaring....agai

banghead toilet

I am in a flare! It seems like it is going to stick with me for ever! I want it to go away so that I can have some kind of nice holiday when my partner and I go to Calgary for a vist at the end of March. I am very frustrated and tired as I am not getting very much sleep. I have an appt for a DMSO treatment, but all I want to do tomorrow is skip work and sleep...ZZZZZZZZZZZ
    I already was 22 minutes late for work at the beginning of this week, so as you can see I am off to a good start, not to mention, my partner and I have such bad cabin fever that we are fighting over the stupidest things, but we have talked it over and agreed to be more positive with each other and not to be such jerks to one another! It is really hard though to try and be nice when you are flaring and having hot flashes! I had another treatment of Lupron Depot for my Endo the other day. Hey I feel great!.......................NOT! Anyway, thanks fot letting me vent before bed.

Arcticfox hi

First off; I LOVE your avatar! Hobbes rocks!

I hope you feel better soon and that your trip goes well and that you are feeling comfortable enough to enjoy it. kissing
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

You don't mention how long this has been going on but if it has been awhile, make sure you don't have an infection. I also am assuming you have been watching your diet, that can be a big help. One more thing I can think of off the top of my head is stress and hormones, that's 2 things! Anyway, stress can trigger flares for me that can last awhile and also PMS flares are a monthly occurance. Hopefully you can find something to help soon and enjoy your trip. grouphug
      Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
      http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

Thanks gals. I had a DMSO instillation today and the nurse took some of my urine to get tested to see if there was any bacteria. In the mean time I have been on Pyridium. I have only had about 3 pills. But that's good for me at the moment. I know that I can only take these pills for two days as they are not good for the liver. So with the DMSO treatment and the Pyridium, I feeling pretty good this evening. I hope that I have a good sleep. I sure do need one!

Arcticfox hi

Comment

Working...
        X